Problem with SRD translation

barthen

Mongoose
Hi all,

I'm translating the SRD into Spanish but I have a word whose meaning I don't know. :cry:

The word is "Slingbag" and it's description:
Slingbag: It can carry 15 ENC of equipment.

I can't find a definition for this word. Could someone provide a plain English description of what it is? That way I'll be able to find the proper Spanish word.

Thanks in advance!

barthen said:
Hi all,

I'm translating the SRD into Spanish but I have a word whose meaning I don't know. :cry:

I can't find a definition for this word. Could someone provide a plain English description of what it is? That way I'll be able to find the proper Spanish word.

Thanks in advance!

A slingbag is a leather bag where you could put in little stone balls or metal pellets - sling ammo. At least I would describe it in this way. Ok?

Enpeze said:
A slingbag is a linen bag where you could put in little stone balls or metal pellets - sling ammo. At least I would describe it in this way. Ok?

Thanks for being so fast!

I thought it was something similar to a saddle bag for horses because it can hold 15 ENC while a large sack only holds 10 ENC.

Enpeze said:
barthen said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

A slingbag is a leather bag where you could put in little stone balls or metal pellets - sling ammo. At least I would describe it in this way. Ok?

Nope. That's a bullet pouch.

THe usual meaning of "slingbag" is a large carry-all with a single strap. Synonymous with carpetbag. Leather, carpet, or woolen, with a leather or woven strap.

Usually about 30-50 L of dry capacity.Worn at one hip with strap over other shoulder.

AKAramis said:
Nope. That's a bullet pouch.

THe usual meaning of "slingbag" is a large carry-all with a single strap. Synonymous with carpetbag. Leather, carpet, or woolen, with a leather or woven strap.

Usually about 30-50 L of dry capacity.Worn at one hip with strap over other shoulder.

Thanks AKAramis! With your description and the pictures I found in Google I'm finally able to translate it

Enpeze said:
Oh man I have to polish my English a little bit. :) sorry.

Well you could use a Slinbag for sling bullets. 15 ENC worth - you shouldn't have to worry about running out any time soon. :D

Oh, how I understand the translation issues.... I'm working on translating a russian document as a hobby project.

Rurik said:
Enpeze said:
Oh man I have to polish my English a little bit. :) sorry.

Well you could use a Slinbag for sling bullets. 15 ENC worth - you shouldn't have to worry about running out any time soon. :D

LOL

300 sling bullets. Now that's a peltast who can pin the enemy down!

barthen said:
I'm translating the SRD into Spanish

I too: legorunequest.blogspot.com

I've not finished yet (sometimes I must work at job :shock: ). If you haven't finished yet we could share parts if you like. :wink:

Greets

Back