Prestige class wish list!

Infidel-X

Mongoose
Ok so I know that as in all d20 game settings the idea of Prestige classes is a touchy subject. You eather love them or hate them. So if you hate then this post just ain't for you :p Soooo...

Some Prestige classes I would like to see are:

• Forest-Runner
    Scout
    Knight
    Spy
    Black Dragon

Infidel-X said:

• Forest-Runner
    Scout
    Knight
    Spy
    Black Dragon

Forest-Runner = Borderer
Scout = Borderer or Thief
Knight = Soldier or Soldier/Noble
Spy = Thief
Black Dragon, now that might be a good PrC, though I feel the core classes could work just as well.

Forest-Runner = Borderer
Scout = Borderer or Thief
Knight = Soldier or Soldier/Noble
Spy = Thief
Black Dragon, now that might be a good PrC, though I feel the core classes could work just as well.

In "Wolves Beyond the Border" the story is told from the perspective of a Borderer and refers to Forest-Runners and Scouts as having different jobs then heand the search party looking for the villian is refered to as being made up of Scouts, Borderers and Forest-Runners. So instead of having them as a core class I thought they would be better as PrC's.

As To knights and Black Dragons, Knights should be the elite of the fighting class and so would work with Soldiers looking to PrC as would Noble. And Black Dragons should be the elite of the elite!

Spies equating to Thieves? Maybe but I was hoping for something a bit more creative! :p

Infidel-X said:
Spies equating to Thieves? Maybe but I was hoping for something a bit more creative! :p

Swashbuckling Adventures (7th Sea d20) from AEG has a Spy core class. Also a nice courtier class as an alternative to the noble.

When Howard wrote "borderers, scouts and forest-runners", I believe he was just being wordy. Sort of like saying "outdoorsmen, woodsmen and hunters", you know?

When Howard wrote "borderers, scouts and forest-runners", I believe he was just being wordy. Sort of like saying "outdoorsmen, woodsmen and hunters", you know?

Maybe... but rereading that story makes be believe they were different at least in part. If not at least the sprit of the story leads me to believe so, and thats what I'm most interested in recreating. If not then why not make everyone Soldiers with skills used to reflect different abilities?

I am currently talking to a writer about potential Conan PRCs for inclusion in S&P, and one of them is Black Dragon.

Mongoose Old Bear said:
I am currently talking to a writer about potential Conan PRCs for inclusion in S&P, and one of them is Black Dragon.

I think Black Dragon would make a good PrC, but I'd like to keep PrC's to a minimum. After all, the core classes have excellent high-level abilities as they currently stand.

Mongoose Old Bear wrote:

I think Black Dragon would make a good PrC, but I'd like to keep PrC's to a minimum. After all, the core classes have excellent high-level abilities as they currently stand.

I'll take all you good people at Mongoose have to give :D

Back