Possible Errors and Omissions in CSC

OculusMortis

Mongoose
I have given the CSC a skim and have marked down some things I've noticed already (mainly because they would effect a game I an part of so jumped out)
Firstly though I have noticed a few omitted weapons and accessories, will these be added in a later draft? or if they aren't here now they are gone?

14 - Self Defence
Accelerator Pistol Omitted: Seems like a must have gun in Zero-G
Accelerator Carbine Omitted: Same as above.
Accelerator Sniper Rifle Omitted: Was one of the best sniper rifles in the old CSC so shame to see it missing.
Sniper Rifle Error, or possible description mismatch, described as having maximum penetration but lacks any AP value, and its damage doest really reflect the description without it.

There are also lot of weapons with Auto 2 which seems to be a strange choice for them; as Auto 2 basically makes auto fire with them worthless, but their description implies this is how they would be used. For example The Assault shotgun is described as being a fully automatic weapon that can hit a wide area, but it actually can't as per the rules.)

17 - Ammunition
NFD rounds Omitted: A good way to deal with Psi people so I hope they are in a later revision.
Chemical Injection rounds Omitted
Tranq and Tear Gas rounds Omitted: always nice to have a less lethal option

18 - Sighting Aids and Accessories
Biomass Sighting Aid Omitted: is this gone? will it be added back later?
Folding Stock Omitted: being able to Clear rooms with a big gun is nice.
Gun Camera Omitted: gotta confirm those kills
High-capacity magazine Error: Does not list or in anyway describe the number of rounds it would hold, I assume it is some type of multiplier?

Hopefully this is useful, if I notice more I will add it.

06 - Survival Gear
Swimming Equipment: Text says that it improves speed and manoeuvrability, but no rule effect is mentioned
Personal Re-Entry Kit: Text mentions how dangerous it is and also mentions a computer to help untrained users, but no rules for using it are stated (which checks, effects of failure, etc.)

12 - Home Comforts
Autolaundry: The text mentions a TL17 system, but the table says TL16
Bed: 300 kg seems excessive for a simple bed

18 - Sighting Aids and Accessories

* Is the telescopic scope intended to be used with heavy vehicular mounted weapons like a cannon?
It just feels off to me. At least for 50 Cr to scope a tank gun...

* I think there should be some sort of TL6 / TL7 targeting computer for vehicular weapons.
Both give a +1 DM to hit + the scope trait, the higher tech version has that plus thermal imaging, can reduce the DM for movement by 1, and can compensate for bad weather (remove a bane die for high wind, for example). They should both be pretty bulky & expensive - it costs a lot to get those bonuses at a low TL.

12 -Home Comforts
* I really think we need a jump drive still in here. Those gunners get to have coffee machines in their turrets, but the engineers need to have gin in the engine room or there will be a mutiny, I tell ya.

OculusMortis said:
There are also lot of weapons with Auto 2 which seems to be a strange choice for them; as Auto 2 basically makes auto fire with them worthless, but their description implies this is how they would be used. For example The Assault shotgun is described as being a fully automatic weapon that can hit a wide area, but it actually can't as per the rules.)

Autofire has been changed. Take a look in the revised beta core book. Auto 2 is basically the old auto 4

Survival Gear

Fusion Stile - Shouldn't this be a Fusion Still? (From Distill(ery)?)

Or is that another UK vs American English thing?

* I really think we need a jump drive still in here. Those gunners get to have coffee machines in their turrets, but the engineers need to have gin in the engine room or there will be a mutiny, I tell ya.

Traditional ships' drink is grog made from watered down rum.

8 - Computers and Software:

First sentence reads: "Any technological society runs on computers..."
Suggest changing this to "Any space-faring society...". The UK/US in WWII should be considered technological, and they didn't make much use of computers.

Back