Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two Skyhooks for $59.95

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

Little random poll here, just to get a sampling from you chaps. Packaging is a funny (and very expensive) thing when it comes to miniatures. And we are currently facing something of a choice with the Skyhook.

We can either give you one in a box for $39.95. Or two in a box for $59.95. As a guide, these things are about the size of a Land Raider.

Which would you prefer? And no, we cannot do one for $30, this is where the problem with packaging kicks in :)

As someone who will probably only ever buy 1 Skyhook max (just to have one :) ), I still say that I'd rather have two in a box. I think it's better for the game when people go in with friends to buy things, or even just to buy one and ebay the other at a cheaper price.

Just MHO.

At $60 for two you're still getting them for the price of a single Land Raider Crusader. I say go for it. Like 'tigger said, you can always sell the other one.

Two for $60.

In addition to echoing Voracioustigger's post, I think most players who are planning to use a Skyhook can find a way to use two.

Of course, I want the two for $60 package.

Broadly, that really is a tough choice, though.
Both have the possibility of alienating the more casual players, $40 for one sounds like a bad value (not judging here, just making a generalization), and $60 may give people sticker shock.

Edit, this is what we're talking about, right:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/Default.aspx?tabid=94&AlbumID=439-2

maybe do a limited run of the two for $60, or put a coupon in the S&P for this deal buy 1 get one for $10 8)

Definitely do the 2 for $60, even if it is for a limited run. Not only so I can buy more (selfish reason) but also so I can stick that under the noses of all my current GW customers and watch them drawl and hand over their wallets (non-selfish reason). :D

nanite said:
Broadly, that really is a tough choice, though.
Both have the possibility of alienating the more casual players, $40 for one sounds like a bad value (not judging here, just making a generalization), and $60 may give people sticker shock.
That's what I was trying to put in my post until I just erased it all. I think the sticker shock of two for $60 will be better than the bad value impression of $40 for one.

Sticker shock is one thing but also remember the positives from shocking ppl with big models. I've had a lot of positive feedback from GW fanboys when you show them how big the plasma bug is beside a land raider. With this set you can use the very simple spin of 'if one is good, two must be better' as well as 'look how bloomin big the thing is'.

Do I remember correctly, did Alfred Wong do the prototypes for these?

Anyway, someone needs to tell the Starshipmodeler.com community about the upcoming models. People have been clammoring for these ships since the movie.

And some more perspective, one garage kit of the TAC fighter (in 1/48 scale) was $140.00: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/Other/jb_tac.htm

Oh, and with two, you can build the varient weapons configurations.

I voted two Skyhooks.

I think that the asking price is VERY reasonable and yes some people may only want to utilise one but I think the majority will use atleast two (especially considering their cheaps points value) which even at PL 1 the army lists allow. So I think generally, most people will utilise the two...soooo it makes a very attractive deal.

It goes without saying though that $20, the difference in US dollars between the two deals, can be alot of money to spend if you are either;

A) Financially not in the position to justify spending the etxra amount, and
B) If you are a casual gamer.

I understand that there are other considerations here but as mentioned before.....both deals if possible. I think you will capture more customes that way. Failing that, I say go with two to a box.

ill bet you it was tigger who opted for 1 :lol: we almost had a record, unanimous aggreement down the tubes *tear*

How much does packagaing really factor into the prices? After reading the rippler price choice (or were you just joking?) I'm kinda wondering if "swarm boxes" are the best way for mongoose to go. I stopped playing bugs because the thought of spending so much money on just warriors alone was a real turn off, but paying $12 each for hoppers was not in my budget.

Back