Playtest Rules 1.1 - Drazi

Everyman

Mongoose
In our playtesting of the previous Attack Run rule, we found that against high hull targets this was not a very effective attack and now with the twin linked trait effectively going away, it is going to be nearly useless to do this against high hull targets. While this will speed up play with less dice to roll, it is at the cost of making it less useful. Perhaps twin linked should count as AP when doing the Attack Run.

Since the Fireraptor did not get any further updates it still appears to be a sub-par War level ship.

Everyman said:
While this will speed up play with less dice to roll
Well not really. You only needed to roll the dice once initiailly, re-rolling them all is pointless!

burger... your good with the math... can you give us percentages of how many hits we're likely to see out of a successful warbird run?

Ripple

Average yield on a Warbird Attack Run:

2 Beam hits: 2.2:2.4 (vs. all Hulls)

Hull 4: 6 Particle Cannon hits: 6.6:7.2 --> Net: 8.8:10.6
Hull 5: 4 Particle Cannon hits: 4.4:4.8 --> Net: 6.6:7.2
Hull 6: 2 Particle Cannon hits: 2.2:2.4 --> Net: 4.4:4.8

Just averages.

Afraid I don't understand your notation Chris...

My understanding of the current attack run would be I roll for each attack twice...

So beam would average 4 hits, but those have to be re-rolled, so 2 hits.

The twin link will vary by hull as you say...

Hull 4 gets me 6 hits
Hull 5 gets me 4 hits
Hull 6 gets me 2 hits

so 8 hits to 4 hits depending on hull, reduced by dodge/interceptors/etc normally. Then attack table rolls to see if I get crits, bulkheads or normals...

so...

Hull 4 is taking mostly 8 hits - 7ish damage and a crit
Hull 5 is taking mostly 6 hits - 5ish damage and a crit
Hull 6 is taking mostly 4 hits - 4ish damage and maybe a crit.

Interceptors reduce all of that by two or so... and make all the crits a maybe... with hull six an unlikely.

So out of two ships trying this against a Primus we get 2 to 4 damage...plus an unlikely crit.

Now that is different for a Solarhawk... think we're looking at 6 damage and an unlikely... a Firehawk is getting 4 hits for 8 and maybe a crit if you burn the slow loading beam...

Just saying... hardly worth the effort unless you have no other target possible... and even then you likely better off on either CBDing or Coming About to set up for the following turn.

Ripple

Back