Photos of your gang/Judge Dredd minis!

malosavich

Mongoose
Hey Guys!

I couldn't find many pictures of painted mini's on here at the moment, and I don't know about you, but I find I can get some great inspiration from seeing different people's colour schemes and ideas!

So I thought I would start a thread so we can post pictures of our favourite gang and other Judge Dredd Minis!

I'll start it off with a couple of my gangs, I know I'm not a pro painter or anything, but I'm really chuffed with how these robots came out:

These are my current Judges (I'm definitely going to be adding Caligula's retinue to these):

Some Sky Surfers I tried to piant in bright racing colours as they zoom across mega-city:

Finally Walter the Wobot, a Med Droid and a Justice Dept. coloured Sentenoid:

I'm intending to paint my Juves/punks next and would love to see some photos of other people's!

Noc

I've really only just started painting my JD minis, but here's what I've got so far:
index.php

index.php

There's a thread of my Citi-Def here: http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=55111

Here's 3 of my surfers - the other 3 are still waiting to be photographed (along with my sovs, Brit Cit Judges, Street Gang, Demonic Cabal and Fatties - wow I've actually been reasonably productive !)

And here's the Pyrokinetic, Futsie and Juve Psycher that are on my desk awaiting varnishing at the weekend.

Oh and while searching for photos I found the 2 fatties I have finished *pokes Matt to remind him about the arm for the third one that he has my email on his desk about*

malosavich said:
These photos look awesome guys!

The fatty with the "eat cake" sign is fantastic!!!

Noc

:oops: I need to re-photo that :oops:

It actually says

Let Me
Eat Cake

As my take on the supposed Marie Antoinette quote, but my photo misses the top out :lol:

When I finish them up I'll gladly post mine. Until then, I'll just glare jealously at the fancy bases you have. Grrrr.

There are a number of companies that make resin bases like that, those look like they might be from Micro Art Studios but I can't be sure.

Yeah, the Fatty and Surfer bases are Micro Art Studios (http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/urban-bases-round-60mm-p-521.html for the 60mm Fatty ones)

The plainer 'street' ones are from Antenociti's Workshop http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/wargames-bases-basing/25mm-round-bases.html?limit=36 who you can also order the micro art stuff from.

After I finish up some judges this weekend, I'll be starting some of the apes using Fenris' Arc bases http://www.fenrisgames.com/shop.html#!/~/product/category=2202462&id=13024535. They also do a nice set called Sulaco that would be great for inside a space ship.

There are some style differences to be aware of with the resin bases from different makers - the Micro Art ones are noticeably 'taller' than normal GW bases which makes me wary of using their 25mm bases next to the Antenociti and Fenris ones, but once you go up to Bike base, 40mm or 60mm I don't think they stand out badly.

With the Fenris ones, there's a couple of mm of plain 'border' on the top of the base which you don't get with the Antenociti or Micro Art ones. It's enough difference that I wouldn't want members of the same 'gang' being based on a mixture of bases, but one gang on Antenociti and one on Fenris would look fine.

The resin bases have been a great help in getting a futuristic look to my Dredd stuff - most of my stuff before has been glue> sand> static grass and I didn't kno whow I'd get a good sci-fi look until I saw these. The Antenociti onces paint up very easily - the Micro Art ones are a bit more fiddly with drinks cans etc on most of them, but they are well worth the time once they're done.

I'll try and get some more pics taken at the weekend of some of my other gangs.

Got a session with the camera and took some more pics of my finished Dredd figures. Sorry for the big pics - I need to re-size them at some point.

Firstly, as promised, uncropped Fatty pic:

My first Mega City One Judge & Cadets that I finished this weekend - need varnishing & dullcote'ing

And a Jimp - silly man thought judges wore Black and not Blue!

Some group shots too:

Brit Cit

Sov Judges & Robots (need dullcote)

Punks & Juves

Complete Surfers

Demonic Cabal

Lots of great images here - thanks for sharing

Defenders of Mega City One
SAM_1639.jpg

East Meg invaders
SAM_1638.jpg

(note all painting by friedns of mine :) )

Lads watch this space, iv just got my order of
"Judge Caligula's personal retinue" (just a thought shame Cal doesnt have a little fish bowl with him hehe )
"Citi-Def Squad"
"Judge Dekker"
"Judge Dredd 2"
and
"Judge-Inspector Inaba"

Watch this space there'll be photos a comin !!! :p

Been a while, but I had a photo session today - here's the Dredd stuff I've finished in the last few months:

Ape Gang

Angel Gang

Cursed Earth Desperados plus gang leader again as the group shot is a bit blurry

A lot of Judges (no group shot - sorry)

and a few extra citizens of Mega City One

and finally got my Sentenoid based on the clear acrylic that Fenris Games laser cut for me as a one off :D

That's a great looking collection richred. Where did you get the bases for the Justice Department models?

Back