Photos of Klingon and Terran Empire vessels

Greetings,

Thanks for you guys taking the time to look at them. I'm waiting for my Romulan fleet and the limited command frisbee to arrive, so I can actually have some choices when playing games.

*rant*
Oh, and a random side query, why is there a dreadnought in EVERY squadron and fleet box? I'd much prefer a box that has something like two fast cruisers and four frigates or similar than always getting a bloody dreadnought!
*rant*

Regards,

Khib yusa

Greetings,

I know what they are meant to replicate, I just want to know why? Is it to stop a replication of SKU codes or similar? I'd love to buy multiples of the squadron boxes due to them being a fast way to boost fleets, but not at the detriment of having too many dreadnoughts.

Regards,

Khib Yusa

khib yusa said:
Greetings,

I know what they are meant to replicate, I just want to know why? Is it to stop a replication of SKU codes or similar? I'd love to buy multiples of the squadron boxes due to them being a fast way to boost fleets, but not at the detriment of having too many dreadnoughts.

Regards,

Khib Yusa

Because same squadron set is supposed to cover 3 games.

The squadron boxes match the ships in FC.

As I understand it, there are 2 starter sets for FC - Romulan Border and Klingon Border, both of which include the Federation Dreadnought. So the two squadron boxes that match the cards in those sets both include the DN.

I assume the reason there are squadron boxes of new miniatures, so that players will be able to jump straight in to FC with the new miniatures.

Yes. It is to prevent duplication of SKU numbers.
ADB has stated many times that retailers do not want to deal with multiple SKU numbers for simolar (or identical) products in different scales, hence the Starline 2500 boxes match the 2400 boxes.

I dont know for certain, but I'd expect to see Mongoose release boxes with a different make-up once everything else has been released and production kinks have been worked out.

Liking the photos, good paint job on both the Klingons and on the Terran ships - Mirror Universe fun, here we come. And I suppose that's a good way of using excess deadnoughts.

I like the way these are atypical Federation colour schemes.

Some questions; what colours have you used; this looks like the best 'Federation grey-silvery-white' colour I have seen.

Are these staged photographs or are they from an actual game?

Where are the rest of the pictures? Come on we want to see them!

Greetings,

The painting method for the white is as follows.

i) Use Deneb Stone (GW Foundation paint, now discontinued).

ii) Coat ALL of the vessel with Badab Black (GW Wash, now discontinued)

iii) Paint a much tinned coat of Deneb Stone (50% water) over the panels.

I haven't tried the new whites out for the new GW range, but if you can get hold of Deneb Stone and a nice black ink/wash you should be able to replicate what I've done.

The photos are staged on one of my mini cases. I'm waiting for a Romulan Fleet Box afore I will be taking photos of an actual game. I just don't have enough vessels to have a decent selection of opposing forces yet.

Regards,

Khib Yusa

Some very nice paint jobs on both factions of the mirror universe!

khib yusa said:
*rant*
Oh, and a random side query, why is there a dreadnought in EVERY squadron and fleet box? I'd much prefer a box that has something like two fast cruisers and four frigates or similar than always getting a bloody dreadnought!
*rant*
I'm actually glad to see a Dread in every Fleet box, as itr seems reasonable to have a major combatant (DN or BC) to build a serious fleet around. That said, what bothers me is the inclusion of another Dread in the Reinforcements box. I would rather see those concentrated on the minis that were not inlcuded in the big fleet boxes, or with duplicates of the medium or light combatants which are more likely to be included as multiples in larger fleets. :roll:

mdauben said:
Some very nice paint jobs on both factions of the mirror universe!

khib yusa said:
*rant*
*rant*
I'm actually glad to see a Dread in every Fleet box, as itr seems reasonable to have a major combatant (DN or BC) to build a serious fleet around. That said, what bothers me is the inclusion of another Dread in the Reinforcements box. I would rather see those concentrated on the minis that were not inlcuded in the big fleet boxes, or with duplicates of the medium or light combatants which are more likely to be included as multiples in larger fleets. :roll:

Tell me about it. I bought 6 boxes of Fed Reinforcements to build up my supply of DW, NCL and some NCAs. I planned to sell off the 6 DN, 6 BCH, and 3 NCA to someone so that my final cost for the other ships would be about $8 each. That hasn't turned out as well as I'd like; I'm stuck with 4 DN and 2 BCH at this point. I don't think I'll be trying that plan again.

My understanding is that there was the requirement to duplicate the same ship mix as the old Starline 2400 minis had for the Squadron and Reinforcement boxes (I don't know about the Fleet boxes).

Keep an eye out for the border boxes and get a swap meet going so people can get loads of the race they want and swap out the Klingons or Kzinti the don't want with others who are collecting that race. :wink:

Back