Passenger Adventures?

bklokis

Banded Mongoose
I'm currently running the Pirates campaign, starting with the Marduk adventures. The PCs will soon be boarding a passenger vessel from Marduk to Drinax to meet King Oleb, and I'd like to make this trip an adventure of it's own. However, in looking around I haven't found any classic or new adventures which take place on a passenger vessel such as a yacht or cruise ship (with the exception of a 3rd party one-shot, which I have unfortunately already run with some of these players).

Can anyone recommend a good adventure based on a passenger ship that could be wrapped up in two jumps? Admittedly, I have yet to dig through all of Supplements 1 (760 Patrons) or 16 (Adventure Seeds), but if anyone has something off the top of their heads that I should check out, that would be great.

Thanks!

Murder on Arcturus Station could be modified to be on a passenger ship. Have the murder happen the first day of jump, so there's a nice claustrophobic feel as the passengers and crew are all trapped with each other.
Have a good read of it first, you'll want to make some prep, choose who the murderer is and how they did it etc.

tolcreator said:
Murder on Arcturus Station could be modified to be on a passenger ship. Have the murder happen the first day of jump, so there's a nice claustrophobic feel as the passengers and crew are all trapped with each other.
Have a good read of it first, you'll want to make some prep, choose who the murderer is and how they did it etc.

Annatar Giftbringer said:
Perhaps something like this? One crowded hour.

Both of these seem like great options. A murder mystery is almost exactly what I'm looking for, and a modified One-Crowded Hour might be even be worth considering adding to the whole scenario as a timer for increased stress (Crowded Hours is one of the few Third Imperium books I've yet to pick up, so I hadn't even considered it.)

Thanks for your help!

Not sure what 3rd party product you referenced, but may I humbly suggest "The Astral Splendour" published by Spica Publishing.

It details a ship and lists a LOT of passengers with lots of adventure seeds for each passenger - there is also an adventure (set in Spica's Outer Veil setting, but easily adapted).

It was written for MGT1, but could pretty quickly be adapted to MGT2 or whatever you are using.

In the MgT 1e Compendium 2 there is an adventure called Spinward Fenderbender where a small craft collides with a passenger liner as a cover for a kidnapping attempt. You could run that as the conclusion to your second jump perhaps. It is set in District 268 but with a little work you could adapt it to the Trojan Reach.

I know it's old and maybe obsure but what you want is "CT-F Action Aboard: Adventures on the King Richard" the early '80s FASA adventure

This is the introduction copied from my PDF copy:-

Welcome aboard the 'King Richard', pride of the PEL fleet. After you pass
through the security checks at the starport, you exit your shuttle and meet your
steward. The friendly faces of the crew members only add to the excitement as you
realize that you are aboard the most luxurious vessel in Imperial space.
ACT ION ABOARD contains the discussion and descriptions of many interest--
ing people who will be found aboard the ship, and a very extensive list of possible
situations in which the vessel may find itself. These are given to maximize the
variability in which referees might make use of the liner. Some of these will be
fleshed out completely, while others will only be discussed in outline form, permitting
referees to personalize these actions.

Drivethru RPG has it - search for "Action Aboard" and you'll get it.

I bought it as part of the whole FASA bundle as I have a couple of the original books from back in the day and wanted e-copies. Highly recommended, strongly advise getting the whole bundle, it was a bargain in my opinion.

Thanks for the pointer to One Crowded Hour. I'm an occasional participant in a gaming group that does mostly single session games, with occasional two or three part games. It sounds like a great fit for that. I'll add it to my shopping list.

bklokis, if you want something less packaged, the GURPS Traveller PDFs have a lot of adventure seeds, some of which are applicable to passengers, not just groups with their own ships. I don't have my books handy, but I'd start with Starships and Far Trader, and maybe Starports.

Back