Out of Stock?

Fargmania

Mongoose
According to my local gaming store (and 3 not so local gaming stores), they are unable to get more copies of the XP rulebook, the GM Screen, or the Traitor's Manual because their regional distributors are completely out of stock. This is apparently true across the U.S.

Do we have any date that we can expect a second print run to arrive in the U.S.? Even just a guesstimate would be appreciated - I won't hold you to it, I promise!

--Farg

According to the Mongoose Infantry e-mail group, they're expecting Paranoia XP to restock the Mongoose warehouse on Jan 31st.

Hope this helps.

LBH

Well my SkyMarshall ended up mailing me his personal copy of PXp to demo with the intent of recquisitioning a replacement for himself when the become available.

God loves the infantry!

LBH

Should point out that none of the supplements are out of stock and the main rulebook will be back in print in a few days.

Can't wait.. Our gaming group has been getting a little surly with me about when we're going to start the next Paranoia campaign. =)

Well Sky Marshall Farrimond mailed me his PXp core bok and traitor's manual. When he finds his GM screen he'ss ending me that as well. New materiel sahall be requisitioned by the MI at the tourney if he's there!

MI does the dying, Fleet just does the flying!

:wink:

LBH

Woohoo... I have Crash Priority in my hands after the longest time.

I have a question for others who have all the books and Anybody from Mongoose who might care to answer. Is your Crash Priority the same 'height' as the Traitors Manual and The Mutant Experience? My copy of CP is almost a centimetre 'shorter'. All the text appears to be as it should on the pages.

A new Friend Computer paper conservation program perhaps? :lol:

Weet-R-BIX said:
Is your Crash Priority the same 'height' as the Traitors Manual and The Mutant Experience? My copy of CP is almost a centimetre 'shorter'. All the text appears to be as it should on the pages.

I got mine just after it came out, and it's about .7mm shorter also.

Obviously the commies got to the originals and replaced them with these versions, edited for maximum propaganda value.

Thanks for the reply. We'll be getting Commie mutant propaganda handed out in 3/4 Centmetre strips now... or maybe it could be for a ticker tape parade for the latest troubleshooter team to succesfully achieve their goals for the greater glory of our beloved FC.

Any chance of an Index in the reprint or an index coming down the pipe for the main book at any time? My biggest complaint is that the book is not that well organized for finding things.

As I mentioned at the end of my recent post on this thread --

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6003

-- the new Service Pack One printing includes a much improved index (by loyal citizen Saul Resnikoff). Sometime in the next week or two I hope to prepare a .PDF for free download from the Mongoose Web site that lists all the important changes to the rulebook in SP1, and reproduces the complete new one-page index.

Any idea when SP1 will hit Amazon.com? Right now, the only version listed is the original "Paranoia XP", which it says is out of stock.

Yes, there's always my Friendly Neighborhood Gaming Store, but in this particular case, I happen to have an Amazon gift certificate I'm eager to burn on Paranoia. :)

I suspect this will suffer from the same problems as the Conan reprint, distributors will keep selling the first one until they run out. You could try e-mailing them and asking but in this case I'd burn the certificate on something else and just support your FLGS.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
I suspect this will suffer from the same problems as the Conan reprint, distributors will keep selling the first one until they run out. You could try e-mailing them and asking but in this case I'd burn the certificate on something else and just support your FLGS.

Fortunately, one of Amazon's third-party vendors put a copy of Paranoia XP up for sale, and I was able to buy it from them (and thus, use my handy $20 Amazon.com certificate). I thought I was getting the original printing, but I was surprised to find that it was SP1.

I'm most of the way through the book now, and just hit the adventure "Mister Bubbles." Its been a hell of a funny read; my wife kept giving me these weird looks as I chuckled to myself while reading it. Trying to explain it to her (a non-gamer) turned out to be hopeless.

Good job all -- it's everything I was hoping it would be. And after all these years, I'm proud to *finally* have a copy of Paranoia on my bookshelf. :)

NukeHavoc said:
Good job all -- it's everything I was hoping it would be. And after all these years, I'm proud to *finally* have a copy of Paranoia on my bookshelf. :)
I'm very happy to see that you're happy with PXP. Hope you'll continue to follow the line...

Back