Old Paranoia player - advice on what to buy for classic play

Ecosmith1970

Mongoose
Hi there,

I trust No-one.
My lazer is handy.
The computer is my friend!

I used to play Paranoia 1st edition originally, way back when I was in school. Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues and Send in the Clones were in my top 5 all time favourite RPG experiences (and Ive been RPGing now since then lol). I've got 2nd edition (I think), the hardback too, but never got a group together to play it.

Great to see that it's still alive and rereleased etc.

I'm in a position to introduce a new gaming group who know nothing about it to the game, and I'm looking at the various releases etc.

Can someone give me some advice?

I'm looking for a classic game, no reboot or secret society wars, want my players to be red-level troubleshooters.

My feeling is that Paranoia: Troubleshooters and Paranoia Flashbakcs Redux would be the right purchases. Is this correct? I also have some old triple-ply carbon paper forms to fill in (termination vouchers, mission reports, R&D things too I think) in a drawer somewhere. Is there a new version of this anywhere available now?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Eco.

Ecosmith1970 said:
My feeling is that Paranoia: Troubleshooters and Paranoia Flashbakcs Redux would be the right purchases. Is this correct? I also have some old triple-ply carbon paper forms to fill in (termination vouchers, mission reports, R&D things too I think) in a drawer somewhere. Is there a new version of this anywhere available now?
Welcome, returning citizen. Yes, Troubleshooters and Flashbacks Redux are your best starting points. The books include forms in the text, but I believe there's no current collection of free-standing forms. Certainly no PARANOIA forms have been printed on three-ply paper since the latter West End days.

You may also want to poke around the official PARANOIA development blog, especially the links along the right-hand side of the page.

Back