nTraveller and HP, also High Guard question

Malygon

Mongoose
Hey folks,

I recently bought the new Traveller Core Book and while reading through it I haven't seen anything about how many hull points a spacecraft has under the new system. Is it a 1 to 1 conversion? So a spacecraft with 200 tons hull has 200 hull points? I know that's a probably a stupid question and I should get my eyes checked but I simply haven't found anything regarding that. Vehicles have their hull points listed in their data but I don't see that with spacecrafts.

Another question... the book feels somewhat incomplete without High Guard since that probably now contains all the spacecraft creation rules. Being able to create your own spacecraft is very important in my group. Are there plans to release a beta for High Guard, like there was for the Core Book?

Thank you for creating this great game,
Malygon

Malygon said:
I recently bought the new Traveller Core Book and while reading through it I haven't seen anything about how many hull points a spacecraft has under the new system. Is it a 1 to 1 conversion? So a spacecraft with 200 tons hull has 200 hull points? I know that's a probably a stupid question and I should get my eyes checked but I simply haven't found anything regarding that. Vehicles have their hull points listed in their data but I don't see that with spacecrafts.

High Guard said:
The ship will have 1 Hull point for every full 2.5 tons of hull.

Malygon said:
Another question... the book feels somewhat incomplete without High Guard since that probably now contains all the spacecraft creation rules. Being able to create your own spacecraft is very important in my group. Are there plans to release a beta for High Guard, like there was for the Core Book?

Yes, all the ship construction information has been consolidated into High Guard. The High Guard beta files where included with the Core Rulebook beta.

Trouble is if you buy the new core rule book pdf you do not get HG playtest and the 2.5 conversion is nowhere to be found in the nCRB.

Errata already - well I suppose it wouldn't be Traveller ;)

Hope it's fixed before the book goes to printers.

One of the joys for PDFs before a hard cover version.

BTW Andrew, thank you for pointing out the hull point rule. Problem for me, my last beta was November and it says "The ship will have 1 Hull point for every full five tons of hull." So it's actually 2.5. Okay.

Still needs Hull values for the common ships in the core book.

Reynard said:
BTW Andrew, thank you for pointing out the hull point rule. Problem for me, my last beta was November and it says "The ship will have 1 Hull point for every full five tons of hull." So it's actually 2.5. Okay.

Things are still being adjusted. And yes hull points is one thing that has changed.

Reynard said:
Still needs Hull values for the common ships in the core book.

Agreed, should be included in those.

Ok, thanks folks. I thought I was going insane not finding anything. Guess I'll have to wait for High Guard before I can really play the new Traveller.

Really? I wrote down the changes and know how things supposed to work. While waiting for an update, the game is playable. It's that easy.

That's not the problem. Like I said in my first post being able to create your own spaceship is very important to my group. So important, in fact, that not being able to do so means they don't want to play it for now. If I only saw the nTraveller beta earlier that would not have been a problem since you apparently got the High Guard beta alongside the Core Book beta, like AndrewW said. But that wasn't included with the release version of the Core Book. So I'll have to wait. It's due to be released as PDF in march so the wait shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Sorry if I came across as being negative, it's hard to convey emotions in text :)

Hi Malygon,

At least I know someone else was snoozing when the Core Rulebook Beta came out and now is waiting for the new HG edition for a similar reason on designing ships.

I'll have to put more money into the HG purchase fund if the book comes out in March.;-)

Is there going to be a "beta" of HG2ed as well? I hope they streamlined and made one way of making spaceships the core/HG 1ed caused many a argument.

I see how the new books editions are being broken down like dnd did. Core traveller book = Dm book, Player traveller book = player book, and HG = monster manual. LOL

Is there going to rules or examples of solo play from my understanding there are something in the works awhile ago.

Hello Subzero001,

Subzero001 said:
Is there going to be a "beta" of HG2ed as well? I hope they streamlined and made one way of making spaceships the core/HG 1ed caused many a argument.

I am not associated with Mongoose Publishing, however I have been told here on the forum that the HG Beta was issue with the Core Rulebook Beta and is no longer available for purchase. I am glad not to be the only one who missed out on the Betas.

Back