Noodnic Filcher, rough draft--help wanted!

Ordovician

Mongoose
Hey all,

Here's the rough working copy of my Noodnic Filcher class I'm writing up (possibly for SnP). There's some blank spots for class abilities; maybe I'll try to arrange for a credit for you if you help me decide on these.

1--Dangersense 50', Sneak Attack +1d4
2--Animal Instincts
3--Sleight of Hand +2
4--Dangersense 100'
5--A Scared Rat, Sneak Attack +2d4
6--
7--
8--Dangersense 150'
9--Sleight of Hand +4
10--Sneak Attack +3d4
11--Hide in Plain Sight
12--Dangersense 200'
13--
14--
15--Sneak Attack +4d4
16--Dangersense 250', Freedom of Movement
17--
18--
19--
20--Broodchild, Sneak Attack +5d4

Animal Instincts: identification of natural things, like the Kai's Hunting, Tier I.
A Scared Rat: speed increases
Broodchild: not quite sure. Granting of some sort of rat totem-like powers, but not sure what they'll be.

Looks like a good start! I would add something for the 'missing' or 'empty' levels. Also, maybe a 1d6 Endurance per level? Sound about right? I'd wager their Combat Skill would progress much like either a mage or a Kai Lord... Not the best. Perhaps give them an AC bonus equal to their Wisdom modifier, or perhaps a +! every couple of levels, as I'm sure they're annoyingly difficult to smack around.

Also, I'd add some kind of pool of abilities to choose from, like spells or disciplines, just so one Noodnic isn't a copy of all the others. Granted, I'm not sure what that would entail, exactly, as I've thought about this almost a full five minutes. :)

Some kind of distraction ability seems in line with them, perhaps a bonus to Escape would be good, as I imagine them squeezing through tiny cracks and holes. Definately Stealth bonuses.

Whatever is done to them, make sure they don't overlap or replace the Buccaneer abilities. Wow... There's a lot to this, isn't there? :)

Just throwing out some thoughts.

Nerethel

Hmm ... how about A Cornered Rat as a class ability that allows the Noodnic to fight rather ferociously when, well, cornered? (Noodnic Rage! :D)

A few abilities at least based upon some from the rulebook: Evasion like a Buccaneer of Shadaki seems very appropriate. Thought a moment about Uncanny Dodge as well, but then I stumbled over the Telchos Warriors' Survival of the Swiftest, which sounds very much like a constantly nervous Noodnic to me! :wink: And, after looking at the bestiary: Maybe Scent and Low-Light Vision like a rat, or even Blindsight (with their whiskers)?

Apart from that, how about an ability to move without leaving traces? And a Natural Scrounger ability, maybe enabling a Noodnic to always find food for himself - similar to a Kai Lord's Hunting ... On higher levels it might help him to haphazardly patch things together, maybe mechanisms like traps. (A bit like a Jury-Rig ability as seen in some science fiction games.) Or it could later aid the Noodnic in detecting hidden things like treasure and/or traps. Maybe even all three, at three different levels?

Paido

edit: Okay, a few of these suggestions would mean some overlapping, but I'm not sure that's so bad ...

Really sound ideas everybody...

Paido said:
... On higher levels it might help him to haphazardly patch things together, maybe mechanisms like traps. (A bit like a Jury-Rig ability as seen in some science fiction games.) Or it could later aid the Noodnic in detecting hidden things like treasure and/or traps. Maybe even all three, at three different levels?
A Noodic called MacGyver ? :p

Heh! Well, what did you folks think how this:

• Herbmastery
    Kai Grand Guardians who possess this Discipline are able to use their advanced knowledge of Herbmastery to produce explosive compounds from simple organic materials.
    --Trail of the Wolf
entered the curriculum of the Second Kai Order? :wink:

Paido

If you want my opinion,

Lone Wolf is in dire need of a Rogue. Make the Noodnic bascially a cross between a rogue with some animal abilities, i.e. a supernatural sense of smell, a good forager, etc. Look at what a rat is good at:

resistant to disease

able to find food virtually anywhere

able to survive anywhere

good sense of smell

quiet, quick, able to hide very well

Incorporate these abilities with some generic abilites that rogues usually have and there you go.

hope this helps.

Back