Next LW products?

Sabbak

Mongoose
Hi there,

I know that like many others fan of all sorts, I'm quite impatient... :)
So please forgive me to ask: What's up next :?:

What are the next LW supplements in production or writing or even thinking?

Thank you very much,

Sabbak

MAGIC OF MAGNAMUND - is the next book line up. Due out in November. Under the Lone Wolf section of Mongoose webpage they have a preview of the cover art, but you've probably found it by now. All very exciting - so much so that I'm still badgering my games shop to make sure they get a copy.

Will have to let other s fill you in on what products they have - think some miniatures are already released.

Dragon Reborn said:
MAGIC OF MAGNAMUND - is the next book line up. Due out in November. Under the Lone Wolf section of Mongoose webpage they have a preview of the cover art, but you've probably found it by now. All very exciting - so much so that I'm still badgering my games shop to make sure they get a copy.

Will have to let other s fill you in on what products they have - think some miniatures are already released.
More info on Magic of Magnamund

Has been discussed in detail around the time MoM was first mentioned, but I still think it (Warriors of Magnamund) should be the next release (hopefully early next year), probably followed by an expanded Bestiary (I'm working on one myself, but would need to get copyright on some original gamebook illustrations that I intend to put in with the creature descriptions), then some regional sourcebooks with expanded background information and adventure hooks etc.

Any suggestions on who to contact with regards to Illustration copyrights - I know that Project Aon have copyright 'coz they have them on their site.

I would think that if you want to use the artwork form the first eight book you will need to contact Gary Chalk himself, he does have a website I think that the link for it is over on Tower Of The Sun.

I don't know how receptive he would be to a fan submission at the momnet as it looks like he has signed or is about to sign a deal with Lone Wolf online to provide both existing and new artwork for their project. If they are paying for it, and I think they must be, he will probably not be keen in giving free rights to fans. You won't know though unless you give it a try....

I would realy like to see Warriors of Magnamund as well. :)

In the case of Mr Chalk not wishing to allow the use of his illustrations, is there anyone out there who would be willing to provide original illustrations to be used in a Bestiary for online publication via this forum or the Tower of the Sun website?

... I would also realy like to see some battle rules for the miniatures that are being released. This would be a great addition to the line in my opinion.

I think it would be one of the best or even the best setting for a fantasy miniature game. It's not just another generic world with all of the usual suspect although there are a few. There is a great variety of distinctive races and cultures that could provide an endless supply of new aggressors. There are already famous wars and campaigns that have been detailed in the books that would provide background and scenarios. You could provide campaign rules to allow players to recreate Gnaags lightning war through Northern Magnamund in books 8 and 9, Sieges, skirmishes, naval battles the list goes on and on I can't think of an area of fantasy warfare that Magnamund doesn't touch upon.

The Sommelending Army list would be powerful the list of potential troop types alone is hefty.

Kai, Sommelending Knight, Brothers Of the Crystal Star, Toranese Archers, Kirlundin Marines, Royal Guard, Border Rangers, levies.....

The Darklords could be even better.

I guess that the best way to approach it would be to have a major power and allies form a War level list but at lower levels you could take skirmish level forces from any of the powers. So you could include Durenese troops in the Sommerlund army for war level engagements but use either Durenese or Sommelending troops for smaller games. First step would be to put together the rules and the lists for Sommerlund and the Darklands. One big plus with this is that a number of the miniatures needed for these armies are already scheduled...

Later on there could be Vassagonia and Dessi or the Stornlands which could introduce mercenaries for use in other armies. Lencia V Nyras the list goes on and on and on...... you don't have to put in the effort creating the background or many new troops for these armies Joe Dever did it already!

Am I the only one who thinks this is a great idea. Some of my favourite books are the ones where Lone Wolf got involved in major campaigns Chasm of Doom, Dugeons of Torgar and the Darke Crusade.

Come on guys what do you think surely I'm not the only one who thinks that this is a great idea. :)

Daveyspawn said:
In the case of Mr Chalk not wishing to allow the use of his illustrations, is there anyone out there who would be willing to provide original illustrations to be used in a Bestiary for online publication via this forum or the Tower of the Sun website?

It may be worth putting soemthing up on the Tower of the Sun there is a new section on the forums now for fan projects called the Kai Forge.

Tower Of The Sun Forums

Winter Wolf said:
... I would also realy like to see some battle rules for the miniatures that are being released. This would be a great addition to the line in my opinion.

Come on guys what do you think surely I'm not the only one who thinks that this is a great idea. :)

I think this is a brilliant idea. As someone who is just getting back into Warhammer after not playing for about 6 years, this is something I think would be great!

Daveyspawn said:
Has been discussed in detail around the time MoM was first mentioned, but I still think it (Warriors of Magnamund) should be the next release (hopefully early next year), probably followed by an expanded Bestiary (I'm working on one myself, but would need to get copyright on some original gamebook illustrations that I intend to put in with the creature descriptions), then some regional sourcebooks with expanded background information and adventure hooks etc.

Any suggestions on who to contact with regards to Illustration copyrights - I know that Project Aon have copyright 'coz they have them on their site.

Well Gary might give the rights becuase he already set a precedent in doing it for PA. In regards to the other points here I think a Warriors of Magnamund would be more important than an Epic Level Rule Set at this point. (as i hope most LW campaigns didn't start at level 15) However the one thing I Hate is the inclusion of mini beastiaries at the end of each suppliment. Even if this trend still continues in the LW and d20 suppliments at large, I would be willing to pay money for a master beastiary book, with all of the available monsters compiled into one tome.

Winter Wolf said:
Am I the only one who thinks this is a great idea. Some of my favourite books are the ones where Lone Wolf got involved in major campaigns Chasm of Doom, Dugeons of Torgar and the Darke Crusade.

Nope! I heartily agree...one of my favorite things in any epic fantasy is a huge battle or two...

I too think Warriors of Magnamund (new classes, military, mass combat) followed by a Bestiary would be a great idea. I always liked the idea of a Magnamund Gazette the size of Road of Kings.

New classes warrior or else would be swell. And books that contain in depth information of countries at this time. Preferably three or four neighbouring countries per book.

Back