New Ships - What Would You Like to See?

ShadowScout said:
Greg Smith said:
So you have Armageddon already? I think you just became the most envied person on these boards!
Arrived this week. Sometimes preordering from Mongoose directly is Really fast! (and compared to the two rather slow-ordering -unless it's GW- game-stores we have here in Austria it is the best option IMO, even though I pay more for S&H)

I wish they´d deliver that fast to germany! :D

right then, bugger it, I say, Make all the ships me and morgoth did (ok, mostly morgoth) official and do models for them all, ALL OF THEM I SAY., M'wah hahahahahahhahahaha. Heck, why not, they did the dead dilgar, why not do historical fleets for Corrilians, Balosians (from Rich Bax's work) and other races now beaten up, they can face the Early EA fleet :)

Again havent got time to read through all the posts so forgive me if I repeat anything:

Drazi DO NOT NEED A SCOUT!!! The scout ability combined with that many beam weapons would quite frankly break the Drazi beyond belief, it is only the fact of their boresighting preventing the from CAFing that makes the fleet balanced as it is. Give them a scout and you have the potential for insanely cheesy fleets. That said if you made the scout in question suitably fragile (Im talking no stealth, no dodge just scout ability and low hull (as in sunhawk with less guns and scout) then maybe it might be fair as you could at least choose to blow the damned thing away very easily.

Secondly another one I thought of, civillian ships and patrol boats for other races besides earth. Its not like we dont see Narn and Centauri (and even Minbari) freighters and liners. Oh and shuttle flights too, that would be cool :) I know theres not much call for them in one off games and tourneys but how much more fun would convoy scenarios and the like be if you had a proper Narn convoy for your Vorchans to raid or a Minbari liner carrying diplomatic papers for your EA to attack etc etc.

Locutus9956 said:
That said if you made the scout in question suitably fragile (Im talking no stealth, no dodge just scout ability and low hull (as in sunhawk with less guns and scout)

Drazi? Stealth? As if!

Drazi scouting techneque....Blow a great big smoking bore hole in it.......

...........Consider yourself " Scouted"

Barry

Just to throw my 0.02 cr in - Thirdspace Aliens are top of the list, then the Red Armoured horde from Season 5, some Ipsha ships and lastly how about some ships for the Gaim (and not some they have just boght from other races).

DW

PS. Of course some new pre-painted plastic models of the main ships (Omega, Sharlin etc) would be nice too! :lol: )

I know I play Drazi and all but you already allow drazi to have scouts under the league rules, and funnily enough they do not rule the world.

Second, just because the Drazi have one episode in the show that is silly (Green! Purple!) do not discount the fact that they do indeed run one of the largest League empires and are only slighty smaller than the Narn.

Let's not make them the clown princes of CTA just so we can have our own 'orks'.

Sort of like the Abbai not having breaching pods cause they just wouldn't do that, but somehow are just fine having a raider fleet.

Ripple

Psi Corps seems like it would be a good fleet. So would Technomages. The Drakh fleet list could use a little expansion.

I don't mind a Drazi scout. I don't think it should have stealth(just doesn't feel very Draziish to me) but other than that it should be as strong or weak as any other ship.

Larger B5 model
- I agree there

Perhaps a conceptional B6? The ISA needs a place to repair and stop off for stuff eh?

ISA definatley needs a few more ship so the Legend of the Rangers ships would be ones to look at and also The Hand race would be cool to learn about too.

I hate to say it, but the White Star Fighters & Carrier aren't what I call "attention grabbing" to the fleet. It looks like as though they were left over parts and someone said "let's just give them that and see what happens". The Blue Stars would be good choices for replacement fights. They could double as shuttles and fighters eh?

(As you can guess I am strongly towards the ISA, sorry :wink: )

Why not have a competition for some of the fleets and everyone designs a vessel they want to see to fill a void and submit it. If they win, their miniature goes into production.

Also, a few more Narn vessels and definately Shadow vessels.

I apologise if I stepped on anyone's toes and I may be new to the board but, these are my thoughts on the discussion.

Liandra for ISA and Minbari (to represent pre-ISA days in service).

Oooh, the Minbari station c. last great war, seen briefly getting cut apart in War Without End.

Imphali and Valen for ISA (possibly Minbari for Imphali - although this was never clarified as being pre-ISA by JMS, whereas Liandra was).

Not the Thirdspace Aliens or the Hand... please? Euch! (they'd make horrible models).

Civilian-wise:

The odd little minbari flyer seen in ITB (Also resembles the ship which G'kar purchased for himself and Lyta).
Narn and Centauri transports (perhaps a bit too small?). Shuttles are definately too small, aside from sticking them on fighter bases.

Narn T'rakk.

Locutus9956 said:
Again havent got time to read through all the posts so forgive me if I repeat anything:

Drazi DO NOT NEED A SCOUT!!! The scout ability combined with that many beam weapons would quite frankly break the Drazi beyond belief, it is only the fact of their boresighting preventing the from CAFing that makes the fleet balanced as it is. Give them a scout and you have the potential for insanely cheesy fleets. That said if you made the scout in question suitably fragile (Im talking no stealth, no dodge just scout ability and low hull (as in sunhawk with less guns and scout) then maybe it might be fair as you could at least choose to blow the damned thing away very easily.
A Drazi scout probably wouldn't get stealth agree on that. Don't see how drazi having a scout would make to powerful, it's no worse than Centauri, they have beams at skirmish and above, patrol lvl scout. There is no way it would make them worse than a Centauri fleet, the weapon is still boresight, most aren't DD, shortranged generally. Whats the broken part is scouts giving every allied ship on the table the chance to reroll. There really does need to be a limit. I've actually found the Drazi fleet lacking when i've played against them but then i usually play Cent and it's prety hard to lose with them.

Back