New Babylon 5 novels ???

Canon or not, I will read them.

Me too ,one thing I am tried of reading is the following "sure isn't canon".It seems that unless JMS writes it or puts his stamp of approval it isn't worth the money.Judge the books on their own merit .

Hi guys,

Latest news.

1. All going well, there will be a special preview edition of the first Babylon 5 novel, Visions of Peace, available at the Babylon 5 Open Day. Numbers will be _very_ limited, and this edition will not be reprinted (the cover will be noticeably different from the general release).

2. All novels will be 100% canon.

3. The full range of novels will begin release in July/August - I am still waiting to hear an exact date. The first month of release will see four novels, the second month another two. I am waiting confirmation of releases beyond that point.

4. I have already read part of Miss Christian's novel and I can now officially call it 'Most Excellent'.

5. We have recently initiated talks with another Babylon 5 actor who has expressed an interest in writing a new novel.

6. Work has started on tying up Crusade. . .

That is all for now. . .

>That is all for now. . .

:D hahaha... really. Thats all!!! Six novels not in one year but released over a couple months time frame??? Well Matt before they are released can I invest some money into Mongoose. Cause I have a sneaky hunch that by Sept 2006 you guys are going to be rolling in the money. Can anyone say, "Show me the money!" ahahahaa I know of six people in my area alone who watched the show and read all the other novels released. None of them game or buy gaming items. But when I told them about mongoose releasing more novels in the UK. Everyone of them said they would pay extra to order and have them shipped to the US.

Now, all I need is an online retailer that will ship from the UK to the US, and every last one of those will be mine!

msprange said:
Hi guys,

Latest news.

1. All going well, there will be a special preview edition of the first Babylon 5 novel, Visions of Peace, available at the Babylon 5 Open Day. Numbers will be _very_ limited, and this edition will not be reprinted (the cover will be noticeably different from the general release).

Put me down for at least one, I promise not to buy any T'bolts :lol:

LBH

msprange said:
...any Brits willing to snag a copy & ship it to the US for me? 8)

Yeah, I'm interested in reading up on what Mongoose think would have followed on from Crusade too.

I'd got my own idea for where it would have gone, but whoever has got that particular writing gig is one lucky individual!

Chobbly

msprange said:
2. All novels will be 100% canon.

JMS give the tumbs up?
I'll still buy them, even if not.

3. The full range of novels will begin release in July/August - I am still waiting to hear an exact date. The first month of release will see four novels, the second month another two. I am waiting confirmation of releases beyond that point.

4. I have already read part of Miss Christian's novel and I can now officially call it 'Most Excellent'.

5. We have recently initiated talks with another Babylon 5 actor who has expressed an interest in writing a new novel.

Fantastic!!!! 8)

6. Work has started on tying up Crusade. . .

Ohh... ohh.... *Gets the tissues out and cleans up* :!:

We are just preparing a new fancy web page for all these, but as a sneak peek for dedicated forum viewers. . .

The first month of releases (I am waiting to hear back for exact confirmation of date, but assume June/July for now) look like this;

Ranger Dawning by Richard Ford
Actions of Many by MJ Dougherty
Visions of Peace by Matthew Sprange (ahem)
No Rest for the Wicked by Claudia Christian

Second month (July/August);

Ashes of the Past by Bruce Graw
Birth of Heroes by Bryan Steele

And more are in the works, from a variety of authors. I am looking at tackling a Crusade trilogy that wil wrap up that timeline but the work, is, frankly, daunting with my schedule.

One bit of good news is that distribution rights have been increased to be worldwide. . .

. . . except the US.

We aren't picking on you Americans, it is just the way things are for now :)

Thanks for the sneak peek MS, but who is

msprange said:
Visions of Peace by Matthew Sprange (ahem)

I'd keep an eye on him and his deadlines, I hear he is a most tricky fellow. And watch out if he ever shows up at Mongoose Towers with a bunch of Germans and takes the lift to the 30th floor :lol:

LBH

I was kind of hoping for Jeanne Cavelos, Peter David, Fiona Avery. :(

But the Mongoose staff are the next best thing. :) Could you get August Hahn to write one?

August seems so far away!

Oh well, maybe that means we will have copies to sell at GenCon Indy!

Now, to just figure out how all our American fans can get them easily...y'know...like most of my family and friends! :)

Bry

msprange said:
One bit of good news is that distribution rights have been increased to be worldwide. . .

. . . except the US.
And that is why the universe provided Amazon.co.uk: to supply me with Stargate: SG-1 and Babylon 5 novels. ;)

Back