[MTE] Mercenary Breed Sci-Fi Legend Playtest

mte-aaron

Mongoose
The first playtest packet is ready for those interested in the upcoming Mercenary Breed sci-fi setting powered by Legend!

The first playtest packet contains no layout or artwork, but it does contain everything you need to create characters, outfit them with weapons, and the ins and outs of using Mercenary Breed to create a myriad of sci-fi settings, adventures, and campaigns.

For this first playtest packet, I'm looking for feedback on the Xeno Templates (sci-fi backgrounds) professions, random xeno generator, weapons, armor, and the new combat maneuvers.

If you're interested, shoot me an e-mail at aaron@mysticalthrone-ent.com!

You can preview some of the artwork and layout for the upcoming book in the Savage Worlds previews we've posted at mysticalthrone-ent.com in the Blog category. The artwork and layout will be the same for both editions, but there are obviously significant mechanical changes for the Legend edition.

Those who participate in the playtest and provide valuable feedback qualify for a free PDF of ALL THREE CORE BOOKS! You will also be listed in the book as playtesters and will help lay the grounds for the first Legend-powered sci-fi setting. You're even free to talk about the playtest in this forum post, although we do ask that you don't share the playtest packet with anyone other than your gaming group.

[I even invite Matthew and Darren to partake!]

There's been a good response to the playtest call-out so far!

As an FYI to all playtesters and all those considering, I'm currently working on the Tech Professions which are sci-fi's answer to magical abilities. The next playtest packet will include them along with the handful of Heroic Abilities that are being added to the setting.

Great news Aaron! I will be kicking this off this weekend as we have a long weekend in South Africa. Probably just run through charge and an intro scenario but I will keep you posted.

I love the Xeno concepts so far.

The full playtest packet (#2) is ready, which includes the Tech Professions. This is the full Mercenary's Handbook, but currently without any graphic design or illustrations.

I'll be collecting feedback from this round of playtesting before sending out packet #3, which will include full graphic design and illustrations.

There's still time to get in on the playtest!

The third playtest packet is ready and it contains the preliminary, full-color layout. This way you can see the artwork associated with the various character races so that their Background makes more sense.

There's still plenty of time to join!

The Xenopedia playtest packet has just been sent out. Now there are no shortage of adversaries for the PCs to encounter!

Back