MRQII Errata

almightygm

Mongoose
I wanted to gather the known errata so far in a thread for easy access. Perhaps Mongoose folks could start a sticky until such time as the official errata surfaces? Here are the ones I've trawled off of the forum:

1. Error on p90, bullet point 4. It should say "Evading the charge permits the recipient to make an Opposed Test of his Evade skill versus the opponent's attack skill". The combat example is correct.

2. Page 84 is a typo. It should read per Combat Round (movement per combat round, not per combat action).

3. The ENC table was left out. It as as below:

Armour ENC per Location

Chainmail 3
Hard Leather 2
Linen 1
Plate 3
Ringmail 2
Scalemail 2
Soft Leather 1

There really doesn't seem to be too much of it! However, we are working on a PDF which will be posted very soon.

- Some runes have disappeared: Dragon, Metal, Shadow, Trade and Undead. Alhough it seems to be intentional, one of the power runes mentioned is shadow (page 103), dragon in form runes (102), and one condition rune is trade (although is it is replaced by communication, too). Metal has disappeared totally.
- Athletics skill description (page 35) suggest that a character can climb a distance each Combat Action, and maybe it should say "each round".
- First Aid Actions table (page 38 ): Injured Location could have a typo on his description. It should say "but not 0 or less HP", instead of "but not below 0 or less HP" (or maybe not, who knows? :twisted: ).
- Teaching Costs Table (page 53): It is impossible to have a success skill roll beyond 99% to improve a skill with a teacher, so last column is unnecessary (although you can pay that amount of money, you won't have a benefit: Your friend/partner/father... can teach you with same result). This is not an errata, it is only my subjective opinion.

The brown bear seems to be a trifle fast. It has a movement of 24m in the book - which is much faster than everything else. It is even faster than a flying dragon.

Wind STR has disappeared. We do not know why we must reduce 46% by a hurricane, and why between 19 and 24 for a moderate wing. If it is like chaosium RQ , it would be:
Wind Type/STR
Calm/0-2
Light Air/3-6
Breeze/7-12
Light Wind/13-18
Moderate Wind/19-24
Strong Wind/25-30
Gale/31-36
Strong Gale/37-45
Hurricane/46-50

gran_orco said:
Wind STR has disappeared.

Wind does not have strength anymore but there are modifiers for ranged attacks on page 93. And you fail automatically when trying to shoot in a hurricane :wink:

Mikko Leho said:
gran_orco said:
Wind STR has disappeared.

Wind does not have strength anymore but there are modifiers for ranged attacks on page 93. And you fail automatically when trying to shoot in a hurricane :wink:
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: What is about the table of the page 190?? Wind and Wind Strenght?

The picture of manticore has wings while it does not have hit locations to match :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mikko Leho said:
The picture of manticore has wings while it does not have hit locations to match :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I checked my Chaosium RQ2 book as I recall an illustration of a Manticore that is wingless.

Curiously in that book the illustration has no wings but the location chart does. :shock:

AH's RQ3 has no picture but the location chart is wingless. Neither description from RQ2 or RQ3 mention wings, only a lion body, scorpion tail, and human head. I don't have my copy of MRQ2 yet :)() but would suspect they are not supposed to have wings and the illustration is wrong.

EDIT: I checked my MRQ1 RuneQuest Monsters book and there the Picture, description, and location table all have no wings.

The Close Combat Weapons table on pages 70 and 72 has three footnotes, but I can't find any references to the footnotes in the body of the table.

Cheers,
Daggan

The stat block at the top of page 140: is this the base stat block for a fetch?

If so, can a fetch with the discorporation skil and the possession trait (as listed on pg 140) succesfully dominate (either over or covertly) a corporeal character against which the fetch had won spirit combat?

Extremely minor point, but the sample character sheet has the wrong dedicated POW and magic points listed if the character is in the Orlanth the Dragon cult and has 4 dedicated POW (as listed on the adjacent sheet).

Antalon said:
The stat block at the top of page 140: is this the base stat block for a fetch?
Yes.

If so, can a fetch with the discorporation skil and the possession trait (as listed on pg 140) succesfully dominate (either over or covertly) a corporeal character against which the fetch had won spirit combat?
Yes. This is part of what makes a shaman very scary.

Back