Missing?

For some bizarre reason the Mongoose online shop no longer seems to be selling the Lone Wolf core rulebook. It's selling all the rest of the series which is a tad confusing. I'm hoping it's got something to do with the pocket edition coming out soon or a re-release of the same book with whatever typo's & stuff needed fixing, fixed.

Interesting, the SST hardback core book disappeared recently as well, and the pocket of that came out recently.

I wonder what's going on at MGT?

LBH

Oh I'm not desparate for another copy. I was thinking it'd be ahndy to have a player's copy and a GM's copy 'though (one my players can scratch up and treat badly and one that's to be kept in a good condition and won't need to be passed round the table so much).

Bon-Al Ironforge said:
Maybe they are out of stock of hte core book...
Nothing nefarious with that if they are going to publish a pocket version of it.
Al

True, but you think they'd just post an outm of stock notice rather than pull it from the webpage.

I'm sure Mongoose know what they're doing.

LBH

I think that's a good thing, it's either a whoopsie or an oversight. I'm sure if they were pulling the hardback edition from print, they wold have let us know.

LBH

Any news on the missing core rule book? I was thinking of picking it up out of curiosity and a sense of nostalgia.

Arabin

lastbesthope said:
I think that's a good thing, it's either a whoopsie or an oversight. I'm sure if they were pulling the hardback edition from print, they wold have let us know.

LBH

Would they? they may have just let it go out of stock and quietly let it go to concentrate on the pocket book.

Al

Bon-Al Ironforge said:
Would they? they may have just let it go out of stock and quietly let it go to concentrate on the pocket book.

Al

That's more in line with my expectations.

Arabin

but all sorts of main books got a reprint :shock: dredd even got a metal bound limited edition so a offiacal mongose answer would be sweet :D

toothill man said:
but all sorts of main books got a reprint :shock: dredd even got a metal bound limited edition so a offiacal mongose answer would be sweet :D

I could be wrong, but I didn't think the metal bound Dredd book was a reprint... it was limited edition, but was printed at the same time as the initial books.

An answer/explanation would be great though...

Arabin

Of course, it may just be that they are out of stock. If they are out of stock, they would not have it listed as for sale (of course, it could be listed as "out of stock" which would imply that they are getting more in stock)
Al

Bon-Al Ironforge said:
Of course, it may just be that they are out of stock. If they are out of stock, they would not have it listed as for sale (of course, it could be listed as "out of stock" which would imply that they are getting more in stock)
Al

Well the website isn't the best managed website I've ever seen, and there are often quirky features that really shouldn't be there. It is entirely possible that it is out of stock and the website doesn't correctly display that... but then again, if that was it... wouldn't it make sense for Mongoose to reply here and say "It'll be back in stock next month" or something?

Arabin

Every time a book has gone out of print Mongoose usually put up a notice to warn us and to help shift the last few copies.

I can look and see if they have any HB LW on the shelves at the Open Day.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Every time a book has gone out of print Mongoose usually put up a notice to warn us and to help shift the last few copies.

I can look and see if they have any HB LW on the shelves at the Open Day.

LBH

Good plan, and take a peek in the closets for any Dredd goodies too :)

Arabin

Any more news on this? I recently decided to run a Lonewolf campaign, and found, as mentioned no rulebook! luckily one of the players has a copy I can use for now, but would like my own copy!

Sotrry Arabin, I didn't do my usual trawl of the shelves, had tooty been there I'm sure we would have.

i was lucky to get one of the last few Drakh books for ACTA as it was.

My bad.

LBH

Back