Minor Niggles that Should be Changed in V2

CheesyRobMan said:
I'd like to see a V2 rulebook and/or fleetbook that is comprehensive, i.e. no other books needed, all rules/ships/variants/scenarios contained in the V2 book(s). I carry enough paper around with me as it is!

That is pretty much the point of the new set!

Considering that a forum with this many threads complaining about things only bring up "minor niggles" when a new edition is being discussed, it's pretty safe to say that the rules as is are pretty good. :p

For me I got two and a half things I would like to see done in the new ruleset.

-Reduce the big ships vulnerability to crits. Seeing some dinky little patrolcutter do horrendeous damage to an enemy flagship is cool, but not when it happens every second game!

-Rebalance fighters vs A-F weapons. its gotten close but it's not quite there yet.

-Look into boresights vs full arc weapons.

Other than this its simply a case of shuffling around some stats.

The Eagle said:
-Reduce the big ships vulnerability to crits. Seeing some dinky little patrolcutter do horrendeous damage to an enemy flagship is cool, but not when it happens every second game!
Vote Redundancy for V2 :lol:

Burger said:
The Eagle said:
Vote Redundancy for V2 :lol:

don't say redundancy, My job ceases to exist in 10 months time!

atm all I want is new ships/variants for the Vree!

however I know theres a few in the pipeline so I suppose I cant complain really.

although I would really REALLY love to new if one of those new Vree ships in the love for aliens thread is going to be a carrier.

although I noticed in the armageddon book theres the photo of the Z'takk (?) and i cant find it on this webby. is it available? if not I'd quite like to know when it is planned to be released?

really dont relish the idea of glueing 2 teacup saucers together and painting them....... :D

High Sierra said:
atm all I want is new ships/variants for the Vree!

however I know theres a few in the pipeline so I suppose I cant complain really.

although I would really REALLY love to new if one of those new Vree ships in the love for aliens thread is going to be a carrier.

although I noticed in the armageddon book theres the photo of the Z'takk (?) and i cant find it on this webby. is it available? if not I'd quite like to know when it is planned to be released?

really dont relish the idea of glueing 2 teacup saucers together and painting them....... :D

it's one of the many new releases that vanished without explanation, and from what someone else has said, they are all being resculpted, by jimmy, age 4 and a half.

This is how the Z'Takk appeared on the site....

ctaztakk.jpg

It's funny how I can't think of a single item in this thread that isn't directly addressed in 2nd ed.!

The solutions may or may not be what is suggested here but every single issue here has had something done about it :)

Triggy said:
It's funny how I can't think of a single item in this thread that isn't directly addressed in 2nd ed.!

The solutions may or may not be what is suggested here but every single issue here has had something done about it :)
Big ships vulnerability to crits is addressed? Cool ;)

I'd love to shout Huzah at Triggy's coments, but then I remember all the promises for Armageddon. I shall remain Cynical, yet mildly hopeful!

msprange said:
Captain Kremmen said:
I would like my copy of VAS first though before I worry unduly about V2 of ACTA

Cpt Kremmen (the cursed)

Tell you what, if you pre-order CTA 2, give me a shout - I'll make sure it gets the royal treatment :)

Thankyou Matt, a very kind offer, and much as I like, no love, complaining, about anything really, I may well take you up on the offer

Cpt Kremmen (the cursed)

Captain Kremmen said:
msprange said:
Captain Kremmen said:
I would like my copy of VAS first though before I worry unduly about V2 of ACTA

Cpt Kremmen (the cursed)

Tell you what, if you pre-order CTA 2, give me a shout - I'll make sure it gets the royal treatment :)

Thankyou Matt, a very kind offer, and much as I like, no love, complaining, about anything really, I may well take you up on the offer

Cpt Kremmen (the cursed)

:roll:

1. Boost the Dag'kar. It needs a good boost too. Hull 5 is definately a start.

2. The T'Loth and Rongoth need slight boosts.

3. The G'Quan needs a slight boost.

4. A patrol level Minbari ship.

5. Rework the Haven. It sucks.

6. Downgrade the Tertius a little. It's too strong as is.

7. Downgrade the Prefect a little. It's too strong as it is.

8. Change the Sullust to it's tournament stats.

9. Upgrade the Balvarin.

10. Upgrade the Vorchan.

11. Upgrade the Darkner.

12. Upgrade the Kutai.

13. Rework the T'Rakk. It doesn't serve a role in Narn fleets as everything it does another skirmish ship can do better. It's not bad, but it is pointless.

14. Upgrade the Sho'kos. Perhaps increase the range and AD on that Medium Pulse Cannon.

15. Two Nial flights per Patrol point.

16. Rework the White Star Carrier.

17. When you buy a carrier victory points should not be handed out for each flight destroyed. Although something does need to be done to prevent dedicated carriers from dropping all their flights and then jumping out to avoid awarding the victory points for them. Perhaps a carrier that flees without at least half of it's fighters gives 50% of it's VP rather than the normal 25%?

18. White Star Gunship needs a slight boost.

19. Avioki needs a boost.

20. "Complete Refit" needs to be removed from the Narn refit table. No other race has a refit that's a punishment so why should the Narn?

21. Raiders need a slight boost. While I don't mind them being underdogs, any ships they do have should be equal to other ships of the same level. The Battlewagon is a worthy raid ship. Boost their other ships so they're at least playable.

The main problem with the Sulust & other raid ships is not the firepower so much it's the amount of hits they have. Centauri are meant to some what fragile & our raid ship aren't. They more like some the toughest you will find. Sulust should be as fragile as a Hyperion, 35 hits with interceptors 2 compared to 28. that whats needs changed the most. Prefect 35 hits hull 6 should be closer to the Chronos, maybe 25. A Rongoth has 40 and no where the firepower. Thats where the big mistakes are in them.

1.) A complete description for how interceptors work. Including how they work after they're depleted. Explain with at least two weapon systems, neither of which ignore interceptors.

2.) More Dilgar ships.

3.) Fix JPs to more accurately represent how they are in the show.

4.) More Dilgar ships.

5.) Actually, that's more or less it. I find the system to work really well normally. I just want to have another point between 4 and 6.

6.) Maybe....a few more Dilgar ships?

Burger said:
Triggy said:

Big ships vulnerability to crits is addressed? Cool ;)

Maybe not how you'd think but suffice to say that each ship will be worth taking, no matter what (i.e. no "smaller ships are automatically better because of potential lucky criticals" syndrome, and no underpowering ships for their PL if it can be helped).

hiffano said:
I'd love to shout Huzah at Triggy's coments, but then I remember all the promises for Armageddon. I shall remain Cynical, yet mildly hopeful!
No problem, I'd remain cynical too but as one of the playtesters I'm really hopeful for 2nd ed. and haven't been disappointed so far.

Just before you send it off to print, make sure its edited.

Then, when you're sure its edited, hand a copy to someone else and make sure its edited.

Then, when he's sure its edited, have him hand a copy to someone else and make sure its edited.

When he's sure its edited, give it back to Matt, and show him what needs to be done.

Look over Matt's shoulder while he's making the needed changes.

Send this new file to someone out here in the forums you trust (maybe someone in america...), so he can highlight the things that still need editing.

Send this copy back to mongoose, and have three different people than before go through it and see if anything's been missed. Give the copy to Matt and have him go through and make the changes.

Look over Matt's shoulder again while he's making the changes.

And finially, make sure the correct copy gets sent to the printers.

:wink:

Chernobyl

Back