Minor Niggles that Should be Changed in V2

Burger said:
Uh well he didn't sneak on board did he? Just siphoned off a little oxygen.

Oh yeah, so he did. So the Centauri ship, did not notice a sudden loss in pressure or spot a breach :p

Burger said:
Nope... LOL.
Don't know why it even had air on board in the first place, since it had no crew!

So technically the example of the Stealth thing mentioned earlier, was eroneous. This was an automated ship, and not the Centauri that failed the test :p

Reaverman said:
So technically the example of the Stealth thing mentioned earlier, was eroneous. This was an automated ship, and not the Centauri that failed the test :p

which Lennier couldn´t know - thinking that there was a regular crew onboard, he engaged his stealth to avoid being detected by a crew that enden up not being there which he couldn´t know befor he engaged his stealth system to... ah, you get my point! :wink:

Or, to put it short: the Minbari stealth system seems to work against more races than just the humans.

Oh, and I like the way the rule works after Armageddon, so I hope there won´t be a sigificant change in second edition.

I hope they either cull useless ships or make them useful eg In the Centauri fleet the Amar Light Carrier, Has anyone ever used it. Im sure there are lots in all the lists so won't go into anymore detail.

Obviously Lennier was using the original stealth rules(when it worked against fighters) and the Centauri rolled a 1, failing to penetrate his stealth.

Maybe they will remove or replace the Minbari Anti-Fighter Tinashi variant... A ship that even in its fluff description is said to not be used because it is pointless... :roll:

Court Jester said:
Maybe they will remove or replace the Minbari Anti-Fighter Tinashi variant... A ship that even in its fluff description is said to not be used because it is pointless... :roll:

Ah, yes, you have a point here! 8)

I hope that the SFOS campaign rules will make it mostly unchanged into the next edition - I love them, although I have yet to convince my gaming club to start a campaign...

MustEatBrains said:
Reaverman said:
which Lennier couldn´t know - thinking that there was a regular crew onboard, he engaged his stealth to avoid being detected by a crew that enden up not being there which he couldn´t know befor he engaged his stealth system to... ah, you get my point! :wink:

Or, to put it short: the Minbari stealth system seems to work against more races than just the humans.
Not necessarily... assume the Minbari stealth systems only protect Minbari ships 1 in 1,000 times against Centauri sensors. Would Lennier have done anything different? He had no oxygen left, he was desperate. It was either engage his stealth systems and try to attach to the Centauri ship, or asphyxiate. Even if his chances of going undetected were 1 in 1,000 he would still have tried it.

Well, at least there is something that at least sugests stealth works against other races, and nothing that suggests otherwhise, so I guess I´ll stick to what is seen instead of "what-might-not-have-been-seen-but-could-theoretically-be"...

I love the way people will debate things to the death that are in fact influenced solely by two things on almost every sci-fi show:

1) Does the plot require this to happen?

2) Is it cool?

If "yes" and "yes", then it'll happen. Consistency and background detail are entirely fluid within a work of fiction.

MustEatBrains said:
Well, at least there is something that at least sugests stealth works against other races, and nothing that suggests otherwhise, so I guess I´ll stick to what is seen instead of "what-might-not-have-been-seen-but-could-theoretically-be"...

True, but you miss the point. No one outside the EA, has said "Ooooh look Minbari Stealth, we have never beaten that!". I am not saying that it does not work against them, but maybe some of the better tech races, might actually deserve a tech bonus

they have, the drakh, and Vorlons and shadows get +1, and i believe the ancients ignore it :)

Reaverman said:
hiffano said:
they have, the drakh, and Vorlons and shadows get +1, and i believe the ancients ignore it :)

Maybe Centauri should be in there too :)

I don´t know about the Centauri; not even the Minbari themselves have a stealth bonus against other races (or their own ships, for that matter).

MustEatBrains said:
Reaverman said:
hiffano said:

I don´t know about the Centauri; not even the Minbari themselves have a stealth bonus against other races (or their own ships, for that matter).

Oh yeah, and the Minbari :)

Reaverman said:
hiffano said:

I think it should be applied on the liati and Adira, they were built utilising Drakh technology. Whilst they may have been designed with the ISA in mind, only a fool wouldn't think about one of the biggest ISA supporters being Minbari

Back