Minor Niggles that Should be Changed in V2

Locutus9956

Mongoose
Ok so this didnt exist before I refered to it in another thread except in my head but I figured its as good a subject as any ;).

So for me so far:

Warlock back to War level. Same for Shadow Omega but Warlock more importantly.

All stop and pivot should not stop firing. Vorlons should have access to said special action too.

Vorchan should get slight firepower boost. Demos even more so.

Tertius and Prefect need a slight downgrade. I would also say put Sullust back to tourney stats but thats less crucial.

Nials/Tishats wings of 2. I would say the same for the WS fighter but I choose to stick my fingers in my ears and ignore the existence of the WS whatevers..... ;)

Shadow Ship should be tougher. Give it some kind of damage absobing ability.

More as I think of them! :D

didn't we have a what do you want in V2 thread? (anyhow, I won't duplicate yours)

Fix the Avioki, reverting to Tourney stats would be fine

Upgrade the Dag'Kar, Hull 5 is a good start, maybe more speed

ditch the G'Tal and G'Quonth, or do a complete re-imaging, eg torpedo cruiser etc

Drakh fleet fleshing out, some great ideas in the RPG books, shield ships for example

Give the Minbari a bit of love, they only have the Neroon release since the start, give them something else, go on, it's only fair!

Kill all Centauri.... what? I'm a Narn player!

Scenario books, like the EA/Minbari war for other big events. eg Dilgar war, Narn-Centauri war, Earth civil war and telepath wars. Filled with predefined fleets and scenarios, some what if scenarios as well. Heck, just commision me and Morgoth, we'll do them for you :) And Rich Bax does excelent work!

starbase and freighter models for all races (I know matt says this is likely to be 2008, but it should have been done before all the new fleets damnit!)

thats enough for now :)

Poseidon upped to hull 5 - the same as an avenger-class carrier and the same as the Nova (the basic chassis it uses......)
Might actually have a prayer of living long enough that the fighter launch doesn't go up in the explosion...

hiffano said:
Scenario books, like the EA/Minbari war for other big events. eg Dilgar war, Narn-Centauri war, Earth civil war and telepath wars. Filled with predefined fleets and scenarios, some what if scenarios as well. Heck, just commision me and Morgoth, we'll do them for you :) And Rich Bax does excelent work!

I like it. I like it ALOT :)

hiffano said:
Kill all Centauri.... what? I'm a Narn player!

ROFLMAO :lol:

Mini-beams that can swat a sentri without giving it a dodge save also take away the dodge save on half-kilometre-long warships like raiders/white star/etc.

Although this list should be fairly pointless... since V2 is a major rules change not just a re-statting of ships, all ships will need re-balancing afterwards anyway. I'm sure V2 will have its own new "Troligan" and "Sagittarius" that bear no resemblance to the existing over/under-powered ships.

Vorlons and Shadows moved away from the 'damage reduction' model to something different/better, with their damage tracks tweaked. Currently I think they'd be better of taking crits than the 1d6 damage per hit - but then obviously almost all of the crits don't apply fluffwise.

A vorlon transport variant with scout.
A vorlon LC or HC variant with carrier abilities.

Nials and Tishats tweaked to 2 per wing.
Troligan re-done.
Torotha re-done.
Heck, all Minbari ships reasessed within their PLs to balance against the Tinashi and Sharlin (currently no contest in terms of PL value). Guess this goes for every fleet, really.
Minbari Skirmish level ship (Liandra, anyone?)
ISA allies allowed for Minbari (and EA, and Narn, and League), or basic Whitestar allowed with ISD restrictions.

Less hull 6 ships, or the new beam rules - one of the two!

Burger said:
Although this list should be fairly pointless... since V2 is a major rules change not just a re-statting of ships

It is not a major rules change - more of a tidy.

A tidy is fine by me. ACTA is an EXCELLENT set of rules I very rarely see anyone complaining about the rules

Everyone is always complaining (me included) because they think a tiny number of ship details are wrong. (I vote for making the Vorchan a great ship not a joke ship)

I have great confidence that V2 will be a brilliant piece of work. With one or 2 minor exceptions Armageddon was a good piece of work.

I would like my copy of VAS first though before I worry unduly about V2 of ACTA

Cpt Kremmen (the cursed)

Captain Kremmen said:

Cpt Kremmen (the cursed)

Tell you what, if you pre-order CTA 2, give me a shout - I'll make sure it gets the royal treatment :)

msprange said:
Captain Kremmen said:

Cpt Kremmen (the cursed)

Tell you what, if you pre-order CTA 2, give me a shout - I'll make sure it gets the royal treatment :)

How about you send me my models I paid for 2 months ago first, before I even think of buy another book ;)

Reaverman said:
How about you send me my models I paid for 2 months ago first, before I even think of buy another book ;)

If you give me the details of the order (msprange@mongoosepublishing.com), I can look into it. . .

Captain Kremmen said:
A tidy is fine by me. ACTA is an EXCELLENT set of rules I very rarely see anyone complaining about the rules

Everyone is always complaining (me included) because they think a tiny number of ship details are wrong. (I vote for making the Vorchan a great ship not a joke ship)

I have great confidence that V2 will be a brilliant piece of work. With one or 2 minor exceptions Armageddon was a good piece of work.

Cpt Kremmen (the cursed)

is this the implication that you ordered it and it hasn't arrived, or that you are too lazy to go get it from the shops ;-)

Was getting some fine reviews from the players in ID at weekend, although we were counting the typos! :evil:

I'd like to see a V2 rulebook and/or fleetbook that is comprehensive, i.e. no other books needed, all rules/ships/variants/scenarios contained in the V2 book(s). I carry enough paper around with me as it is!

Back