Miniatures for Conan RPG?

The Ikore line has some good minis for fantasy barbarians. You can still get the majority of them from different on-line stores.

http://www.newwave.org/minis/ikore/celtos/gaels.html

The figure Dantrag, Heimdall Champion (referenced above) from reaper is the figure I referenced as being great for Conan. I have about 8 more for sure - most of which I have painted. I'd really like to get some pics of those for you, as they turned out pretty good.

I have a few unpainted ones as well, that I simply must paint. One has a Conanesque barbarian sitting on a throne.

Further, I have found several great dancing/slave girl mini's that fit the theme well. Overall, I really love the reaper line and I find that I like Sandra Garrity (the modeler of Dantrag above) very much.

msprange said:
Just to whet your appetites, some official Conan miniatures are on their way. . .
Great news indeed. If they are as excellent as those for Lone Wolf, and I'am sure they will be, the pleasures will be perfect. :D :D :D

msprange said:
Just to whet your appetites, some official Conan miniatures are on their way. . .

Woot!

Details please! Are these going to be 25-28mm pewter? or pre-painted PVC like the DnD miniatures?!?

oh yes, when can I order them? :)

Alrighty!

Whilst there are plenty of big, beefy fur wearing barbarians out there, and hoardes of armoured warriors in all kinds of styles, there is a distinct lack of "woodland savage" type barbarians.

Arkobla Conn said:
The figure Dantrag, Heimdall Champion (referenced above) from reaper is the figure I referenced as being great for Conan. I have about 8 more for sure - most of which I have painted. I'd really like to get some pics of those for you, as they turned out pretty good.

I have a few unpainted ones as well, that I simply must paint. One has a Conanesque barbarian sitting on a throne.

Further, I have found several great dancing/slave girl mini's that fit the theme well. Overall, I really love the reaper line and I find that I like Sandra Garrity (the modeler of Dantrag above) very much.
Is this set the king and its slave that you're talking of ?(http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=741&cat=0&page=1
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Howard couldn't imagine such a fat and worn Conan, so he had him sailed on the Western Sea to avoid him such an unglorious end (letter to P. Schuyler).

All of this talk about the best Conan figure and I'm thinking "What player is going to play Conan? Or for that matter, who would want to be a Conan Clone? I think I'll go with the reaper figs for characters and go with historicals 15mm for big battles.

Ranz
Doesn't need more figs to paint!

Ranz,

I have one Cimmerian Barbarian PC...but he isn't using the 'Conan' fig. I use these barbarian figs as foes or allies, depending upon circumstances. I have plenty of thief, scholor, pirate, nobel types to fill in the other areas.

Ranzadule said:
All of this talk about the best Conan figure and I'm thinking "What player is going to play Conan? Or for that matter, who would want to be a Conan Clone? I think I'll go with the reaper figs for characters and go with historicals 15mm for big battles.

Ranz
Doesn't need more figs to paint!
Don't you have any barbarian in your group? Moreover it's still a good sight in a collection (among Belit and Valeria).
And then if you wanna play big battle like the battle of the Valkia (in "Hour of the Dragon), then a charismatic general like Conan would be useful. :)

The King said:
Arkobla Conn said:

Is this set the king and its slave that you're talking of ?(http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=741&cat=0&page=1
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Howard couldn't imagine such a fat and worn Conan, so he had him sailed on the Western Sea to avoid him such an unglorious end (letter to P. Schuyler).

I'm having trouble following the link, but if the guy you are seeing on the throne is fat, has a pig or some other animal head in his lap as part of his 'furs' and has huge fingers with lots of rings, no I'm not referring to him. Actually, I used him as Oleska from Koveg Re

The Conan on the throne I'm talking about is very conan like, as if he had just conquered Aquilonia and is sitting upon the throne with a straight back, not really sure what to do next....except look gruff and ready to pummel anyone who didn't believe he belonged there.

I'm having trouble following the link, but if the guy you are seeing on the throne is fat, has a pig or some other animal head in his lap as part of his 'furs' and has huge fingers with lots of rings, no I'm not referring to him. Actually, I used him as Oleska from Koveg Re

The Conan on the throne I'm talking about is very conan like, as if he had just conquered Aquilonia and is sitting upon the throne with a straight back, not really sure what to do next....except look gruff and ready to pummel anyone who didn't believe he belonged there.

Ok, found the picture - I'm right about that fig. I painted those two and used them in Kovag Re. Worked nicely.

yes that was the fat. I could'nt but joke but your idea is excellent. Those minis from The Reaper are very good. I had a look at the unavoidable demons that Conan often has to fight and many could easily be included in any Conan adventure.
Howard invented so many uncommon monsters that it isn't easy to find suitable minis.

King,

We go with a Hyrkanian that is sort of a barbarian. I avoid the Cimmerians since it would seem either too much like Conan or deliberately not like Conan and either way would not work for me.

As far as figs go though, I would certainly collect them all. ;)

Ranz,
I am the "violence inherrent in the system."

Ranzadule said:
King,

We go with a Hyrkanian that is sort of a barbarian. I avoid the Cimmerians since it would seem either too much like Conan or deliberately not like Conan and either way would not work for me.

As far as figs go though, I would certainly collect them all. ;)

Ranz,
I am the "violence inherrent in the system."
Collection is a good idea because when you'll be much older, say in 50 years, and you don't play RPGs anymore, you will perhaps remember the good time playing and the reading of Howard. And then you will regret that moment when you discarded the Cimmerian barbarian. :cry: :lol:

Back