Miniatures for Conan RPG?

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
I saw there were already miniatures for The Lone Wolf RPG. Not that I am jealous, but will there be any for Conan?
 

SableWyvern

Mongoose
If you don't want to wait for Mongoose to come out with something, there are plenty of historical minis out there that would fill in perfectly for every Hyborian culture.
 

Mayhem

Mongoose
Would Mongoose object, do you think, to scanning in some of the racial art from the conan book in order to create paper "Standee" characters?
 

SableWyvern

Mongoose
If you're not distributing them, then there's not much they can (or would want to) do about it.

If you plan to distribute for free they probably won't mind, but you'd better wait for official word.
 

PlayWithBob

Mongoose
If you need hoards of picts your welcome to use these.

http://conan.playwithbob.com/Figs.htm

I love dumping 50 of these guys on the table and asking my players to help me stand them up. :D
 

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
thulsa said:
While we are waiting for the real deal, you could check out

Hyborian Age Paper Miniatures

at my site for some inexpensive (free!) counters. Paper minis are great for NPC hordes assaulting the player characters...

- thulsa
Excellent thanks! :wink: Counters are indeed easier to manipulate and we don't have to paint them.
There is also a software, character artists, from profantasy (the guys who made campaign cartographer) than enable many designs.
 

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
SableWyvern said:
If you don't want to wait for Mongoose to come out with something, there are plenty of historical minis out there that would fill in perfectly for every Hyborian culture.
That's true, but many opponents of Conan are only found in sword and sorcery. For instance, fantasy has golem while sword & sorcery has animated statues (the look isn't the same).
 

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
SableWyvern said:
If you don't want to wait for Mongoose to come out with something, there are plenty of historical minis out there that would fill in perfectly for every Hyborian culture.
"if I don't want to wait .." Does this mean that you know something we don't? :wink: and that Mongoose did intend to produce some?
But of course I can wait. I've already waited for 20 years for a good Conan game :lol:
I just wanted to know if I have to anticipate the extra expense in my budget :wink:
 

Arkobla Conn

Mongoose
I want to second the report on Reaper mini's above. I bought about 10-14 barbarian miniatures, including one that's a spittin image of Conan. Give them a look - they are gorgeous.
 

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
Arkobla Conn said:
I want to second the report on Reaper mini's above. I bought about 10-14 barbarian miniatures, including one that's a spittin image of Conan. Give them a look - they are gorgeous.
what's the reference #, there are so many!
 

XcomSquaddie

Mongoose
I'll third the Reaper stuff.

Their mini's are just plain incredible. Finely detailed, well made, little or no mold lines, no flash, etc.

Although I do have to say this.

I am sure that at some point, women in a fantasy setting will in fact, feel the urge to wear clothing. I am also sure, that not all women in a fantasy setting would have implant sized, perky breasts and nipples you could use to type with.

But then again, maybe that's the whole point of a fantasy setting.

Now I'm off to paint some nipples :p

http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=736&cat=0&page=1[/url]
 

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
Arkobla Conn said:
I have a reaper catelogue...I'll try to identify numbers and get back to you all...
Thanks. I already found some with the search button ( :roll: ). 2 are especially Conan-like (in my opinion):
- http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=245&cat=0&page=1
- http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=543&cat=0&page=1
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Darth Mikey said:
I'll third the Reaper stuff.

Their mini's are just plain incredible. Finely detailed, well made, little or no mold lines, no flash, etc.

Although I do have to say this.

I am sure that at some point, women in a fantasy setting will in fact, feel the urge to wear clothing. I am also sure, that not all women in a fantasy setting would have implant sized, perky breasts and nipples you could use to type with.

But then again, maybe that's the whole point of a fantasy setting.

Now I'm off to paint some nipples :p

http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=736&cat=0&page=1[/url]
Naked women of fantasy are a kind of erotic representation of what we consider paradise in our minds. Wouldn't we dream, what would we become?
 

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
Anonymous said:
Darth Mikey said:
I'll third the Reaper stuff.

Their mini's are just plain incredible. Finely detailed, well made, little or no mold lines, no flash, etc.

Although I do have to say this.

I am sure that at some point, women in a fantasy setting will in fact, feel the urge to wear clothing. I am also sure, that not all women in a fantasy setting would have implant sized, perky breasts and nipples you could use to type with.

But then again, maybe that's the whole point of a fantasy setting.

Now I'm off to paint some nipples :p

http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=736&cat=0&page=1[/url]
Naked women of fantasy are a kind of erotic representation of what we consider paradise in our minds. Wouldn't we dream, what would we become?
Just forgot to log in. :roll:
 
Top