MgT1 - How much errata is there for it, have the PDF's been updated?

Gwarh

Mongoose
I've recently been considering purchasing many of the Mongoose Traveller ver1 books as they seem to be a refined version of the classic rule set.

But i've also read many reviews of the books in the series and lots of folks complain about the poor editing (which sadly Mongoose is known for) and lots of rules that could use errata.
So has anyone deeply invested in the line and read allot of it, and if so how playable is it with the semi-wonky rules at times.

P.S. I love the setting so much I am considering ripping all the text out of the books if I do by them, then format them in the style of the old books and make a Big Black Book for myself. So if the errata is available that would make the purchase more attractive.

P.P.S I am aware of the MgT2 work being done and have purchased access to the Beta but I'm not sure I like where it's going so think I will stick with MgT1.

Gwarh said:
I've recently been considering purchasing many of the Mongoose Traveller ver1 books as they seem to be a refined version of the classic rule set.

But i've also read many reviews of the books in the series and lots of folks complain about the poor editing (which sadly Mongoose is known for) and lots of rules that could use errata.
So has anyone deeply invested in the line and read allot of it, and if so how playable is it with the semi-wonky rules at times.

P.S. I love the setting so much I am considering ripping all the text out of the books if I do by them, then format them in the style of the old books and make a Big Black Book for myself. So if the errata is available that would make the purchase more attractive.

P.P.S I am aware of the MgT2 work being done and have purchased access to the Beta but I'm not sure I like where it's going so think I will stick with MgT1.

Anything with Character generation is generally good, at least for the Character Generation. Outside of that it's real hit and miss, Vehicles 5-6 only seems wonky but it gets the job done with a little common sense as a guide. Don't get the Robots book, 13Mann's Robots are a much better take on the subject. While I am on 3rd parties the Career books from Spica Publishing are worthwhile as well. Actually there is a bunch good 3rd party stuff. Also note that Mongoose re-released a bunch of the BITS 101 books under their own imprint updated to MgT with the help of the BITS authors.

One of the strengths with Mongoose is how well it meshes with CT, the second edition will probably be the same.

Gwarh said:
There are setting books and there are advanced rule books for the game. I have all but the last two that were released. I have not encountered any semi-wonky rules with them. If there are any grammar errors in the books, they are not nearly as frequent as those found on today's phone-browsed news sites.

Back