mars class length questions

stansmith

Mongoose
hello everybody can some one please tell me the length of the mars class battleship

i have asked a lot of people but no one seems to know i am planing to do a deck plan for it it is the

only two star ships i have left to do deck plans for thanks from Admiral Stan Smith Father of Haley smith and Steve smith i wonder if any one will get that :mrgreen:

According to the 3D moulds posted over on the ADB BBS, things look something like this:

29636.jpg

29639.jpg

Actually, if you are interested in doing deck plans, there is a section of the BBS where ADB are running a set of deck plan projects; if you can create a set of plans that fit ADB's guidelines, perhaps they might have use for them at some point?

Unless your friends at Langley have any objections, of course...

Thanks For the comparison picture it will be easy to work out length from that
i must admit its not as big as i thought any way that answers my question

from agent Stan smith and roger the bowling ball

to hazard a guess i would put her at about 340 meters in length with a dwmt(dead weight metric tonnage) of around 355,000. mind you thats just a guess Svc might be willing to disclose this info over on the ADB forums.

after looking at the comparison picture i come to the same conclusion i have started on my deck plan thanks for all the reply's it was really help full once i have done deck plans for the mars class
i just got to do the new light cruiser the new battle frigate police cutter and Texas class cruiser
then i will have the complete prime directive set

thank for all the help from the happiest man on earth Stan smith

The Frigate is already done which is probably 95% of the work for the Battle Frigate. Those planes have been published in a couple of different projects already. Garth had the Police Cutter done but it has been scrapped because the cutter grew in the 2500 series. He probably is half way through it by now.

Seriously you may want to check over on the ADB boards they are working on a dozen deck plans for the Traveller Prime Directive book now.

i checked it out thanks for the suggestion there was a lot of use full stuff over there i never knew they had a deck plan resource i did a basic cad deck plan for the mars class now i am just figuring out the crew quarters one thing if you going to have 810 people on that ship and you only have a
two deck saucer to fit them in the cabins would be very small like a submarine with 2 people per cabin thanks for the help from Stan smith

I find it hard to believe the Mars-class is a two deck primary hull. The Constitution-class cruisers have ten decks in the primary hull, IIRC.

The Max Diameter of the Saucer (Primary Hull) are only 2 decks high but there are more small circle decks above and below the main living quarter decks.

There 5 deck above the saucer minimum i base that on the dreadnought deck plans 2 decks in the saucer
3 decks below the saucer several decks in the neck at least seven deck in the secondary hull
with at least 3 or more half deck below that so there is in total more then 20 decks with a length of 340 to 360 meters there is enough room in that saucer for 1000 people and that's cramming them into small cabins from agent super smith

stansmith:

i would look at the Mars Class ships like the wet navys of today might. these ships are not intended for long range operations therefor they would have limited crew "comforts" since they are meant for total warfare. officers outside of the flag ranks would most likely be bunked 2 to a room while the enlisted are bunked anywhere from 4 to a room on up. since these ships would "sit in port" until needed they would not need the kind of crew space the Constitution Class has.

hey i am going to do the police corvette i found a size comparison picture of star fleet battles ships
knowing the length of one of them i imported it into sketch up put it to scale based on the one
i know the length of and got the sizes for the rest of the ships it amazing there is almost no size
difference between the constitution and Kirov and the have the same deck structure
from Stan smith Live from mars i wish

stansmith said:
There 5 deck above the saucer minimum i base that on the dreadnought deck plans 2 decks in the saucer
3 decks below the saucer several decks in the neck at least seven deck in the secondary hull
with at least 3 or more half deck below that so there is in total more then 20 decks with a length of 340 to 360 meters there is enough room in that saucer for 1000 people and that's cramming them into small cabins from agent super smith
Really? It's only 340 to 360 meters long? That's pretty frigging tiny compared to some of the TNG-era ships (about half the size of the Enterprise-E, yet 1/3 more crew), which amuses me greatly for some reason. :p

According to GURPS Federation, the crew complement of the Mars-class is 820 (or would be, had the ship existed); with 130 Marines added in for good measure.

As points of comparison, GURPS Feds pegs the SFU take on the Constitution-class CA as having 430 crewmen and 50 Marines; while the Federation-class dreadnought (in the DNG configuration seen in ACtA:SF) has a crew of 540 with 80 marines added on.

(Where did you find the class comparison pics you're working from? Was it over on the ADB BBS? There have been pics to support the ongoing Starline 2500 design efforts; or was it some other image you found instead?)

i bought the Gurps federation PDF and on the star fleet star ships section it has a size comparison
picture of a lots of the ships except the carrier and the Saladin and battle frigate and i took

that picture and knowing the length of the constitution i figured out the length of everything else
using sketch up and the comparison picture
also i own the physical copies of prime directive rpg d20 and Gurps and the complete set of pdfs

from captain stan smith it beats been an admiral

so using the Constitution Class Length and saucer diameter from the SFTM (L= 288.6m S Dia=127.1m) this is what i get for the Mars Class: L= 350.4m and S Dia= 148.3m .

So the Mars Class is just over half the Length of that ship built 80 years later (were the Mars and the other one built in the SFU). :lol:

thanks buddy after i am done with the mars class i just got to do the Kirov police cutter and Texas class and new light cruiser and then i have done them all i just had to figure the mars class size
and then i have all the info i need thanks from all the help

from super Stan smith beats been Clarke Kent

Just to let you all know, another picture of the Mars-battleship has been uploaded onto its page, giving you a better idea of size.

Stan Smith, please see PM.

As to the Mars-class BB, it looks to me like it's pretty much a four-engine DN as far as overall size goes.

Rambler said:
Seriously you may want to check over on the ADB boards they are working on a dozen deck plans for the Traveller Prime Directive book now.

Do you happen to know if both Romulans and Klingons will be covered in the Traveller PD book? The GURPS version had them in separate books.

Back