Marauder Platoon

Hiromoon

Mongoose
Hey guys, check this out:

As part of this year's release for Starship Troopers, Mongoose Publishing presents the Marauder Platoon, a complete army ready to take to the field!

This army set consists of two M8 Apes, two M9 Chickenhawks and one M8C Bigfoot, totalling over 950 points.

You can find more information at http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1366

Dang i just had it prepared to post my own heads-up.. ah well too slow this time:)

It seems like a reasonable buy,, i really dig marauders

it's a free bigfoot or, £15 off, nice

I'd actually get three if I saw the need for another bigfoot. Actually, I should compare how much it costs compared to 3 apes and 2 Chickenhawks...

EDIT: comes in about $18 cheaper. Yoink x3! and then a couple of spare Chickenhawks and a Nighthawk to finish the platoon!

I'm guessing that they are the PPM Marauders that they used fior the photo? The reason I say this is because the two apes have identical scratch marks on them. :)

Well, I am absouletely broke, so I can buy half of one. :D

Seroiusly, this is cool. When did it appear?
I have jsut been encouraged to buy one. Dammit, If i saw it earliers I would have bought it with the two RPG bundles I got.

Industrial Lurker said:
Thats pretty spiffy that is

Its almost like MGP want more Maurader platoons out there.....

oh well 8)

I think the lack of diversity is really hurting them. I'd say at least 75% of players out there play MI, and probably over half of those play power armored MI. This is a good way to avoid the 40k Space Marine ubiquity problem. I can TELL people that there are 8 different skinnie armies and 5 different MI armies that all play differently all I want, but if all they see is Power armored MI, they just assume that's all they're going to ever get to face.

It'd be nice to see these force deals for all sorts of under utilized forces...

LAMI, Bugs, Skinnies...

"Buy four and get one free!" or something like that. :wink: Not a bad deal. You can get some 'eavy Metal, for sure :)

The problem, I imagine, is the same one as in 40k. . .

Bad ass guys in power armor is just a freakin cool concept!!! So of course the majority of people want to play it!

The mongoose folks just need to make the alternative races that much cooler in order to compete.

Space marines, in all fairness look just like storm troopers from star wars. Paint one white, leave the backpack and shoulder guards off, and you have one of the Empire's finest. The helmets look very similar, and indeed have very alike apparatus which is just positioned differently.

But, power armuor is cool.

The marauders are very nice models, and the way they can move if you do not glue them is very cool.

Soulmage said:
The problem, I imagine, is the same one as in 40k. . .

Bad ass guys in power armor is just a freakin cool concept!!! So of course the majority of people want to play it!

The mongoose folks just need to make the alternative races that much cooler in order to compete.

But... People aren't playing the "Bad ass guys". Are you really gonna call PAMI more bad ass than Marauders, Skinnie Lord Armies, or even Big bug armies?

I think the alternate races are cool enough, they just need to finish the skinnie releases so there are actually 3 complete unique races.

heres something i'm waiting for

Nov 2006
MI Cougar Exosuit Officer (Starship Troopers)
MI Grizzly Exosuit Officer (Starship Troopers)

No pic or clicky yet

i still havent got a proper game, it's sad, but i've got a pretty complete (more than 2600 now) MI army painted and ready for when the others get their stuff glued together at least.. the prepainted will mean a lot for me i can tell you, in terms of available opponents

Hmm, so no-one else think we're looking at the pre-painted versions here then? I'm convinced that's the case even though they're being used to advertise the regular kit versions.
I like the paint jobs on the Chicken Hawks but the weathering on the Apes isn't too good, probably be best to have them with a factory coat look and let players weather them.
It just doesn't look right, two marauders with identical scratches if that is the case imo.

Back