2000 pts marauder platoon

tneva82

Mongoose
First 5 marauders for my marauder platoon arrived on tuesday and final 3 for 2000 pts list(still going to need 4 more but they can wait) were ordered today(along with begining of exo-suit platoon :D). Too bad there seems to be no SST gamers around Huddersfield :cry: Ah well. Just have to paint a lot of stuff for my return to Finland then :D Did concider hauling these to Master of War tournament but that would require finding suitable place to stay friday-saturday night(no way am I going to travel all the way from Huddersfield to south england just in time for tournament start). Anyway the army list itself:

M8C 'bigfoot' NCO(protagonist) 330 *I hope I remember trait name right. The one that allows once use of action that needs ready without doing ready action first*
M8C 'bigfoot' NCO(protagonist) 330

Marauder squad(M8 sergeant, M8 corporal, morita ape specials) 405
Marauder squad(M8 sergeant, M8 corporal, hel infantry flamers) 405
Marauder squad(M9 sergeant w/inferno flamer, blizzard pack, stay frosty, M9 corporal w/twin-fifty, blizzard pack) 530

Total: 2000 pts

8 marauder suits with plenty of firepower. Bigfoots will be used to hunt down anything big and nasty that gets closeby like tankers. Both of them are capable of firing 4 plasmatic cannon shots against anybody within 20" of them once in a game so even king tankers should find idea of approaching within 20" of both scary thought. M9's main task will be to knock any plasma out of picture ASAP. Especially since my marauders seems to carry plasma magnets :?

Apes will of course provide solid center for my force. Especially squad with flamers should provide fun. Tough targets with 2 infinite flamers each? Give me more of these!

My own Marauder Platoon is far smaller, but has more fleet and command assets - Ape NCO and Sarge, Chickenhawk and Nighthawk. Add in a TAC UAV (has worked to amazing effect in a couple of games) and some firestorm carrying missiles.

Fill out the spare 500 odd points with a basic Exo platoon, and that's a snazzy 2000pt list.

Alexb83 said:
My own Marauder Platoon is far smaller, but has more fleet and command assets - Ape NCO and Sarge, Chickenhawk and Nighthawk. Add in a TAC UAV (has worked to amazing effect in a couple of games) and some firestorm carrying missiles.

Well this was designed to give me solid 2000 pts marauder platoon WITHOUT resorting to uber expensive non-marauder stuff like nukes or aircraft. Traits were added in AFTER adding all the models as I simply couldn't fit extra marauder.

This way if I wish to add say nukes or aircraft I can easily add them. If I would have aimed for 2k list with say tac fighter or two in it and then would like to try spare marauders would be tad harder :p

I wanted to try out as pure marauder list as I could.

Unfortunatly this is more or less theory anyway :cry: Nobody to play with here in England(hello! Anybody from Huddersfield! One finnish player looking for some bugs/skinnies/rebellious MI's to kill!) so by the time I get to field these SST:Evo has been on the shelves for 3 months minimum...

Back