MAD MAX

MechaLucha

Mongoose
A post apocolypse road warrior game would be cool. It could be kind of like the wild west but in the future. You could join different road gangs or just cruise solo and hope you keep finding "juice" on you're own. Maybe take a vacation to Barder Town and bet on some of the fights in the Thunder Dome, just be sure to bet on Master Blaster. I would play it for sure.
 
You mean Car Wars?
Overengineered, but with lots of plot and background, and a civilisation intact enough to, hey, actually build and repair cars- unlike Mad Max's Australia.
 

Rob_A

Mongoose
I think Mad Max would work. I like the wasteland Idea. It suits what this world is coming to very well IMO. :lol:

I blame Chavs.
 

Reborn

Mongoose
Someone at my club has made an excellent mad max (mad max 2 actually, but hey) game, where you're chasing a tanker etc. It looks great, maybe I'll put some pics up.
 

Mad Scot

Mongoose
MechaLucha said:
A post apocolypse road warrior game would be cool. It could be kind of like the wild west but in the future. You could join different road gangs or just cruise solo and hope you keep finding "juice" on you're own. Maybe take a vacation to Barder Town and bet on some of the fights in the Thunder Dome, just be sure to bet on Master Blaster. I would play it for sure.

What scale?
How about 1/24th scale? or 1/48th? You can have a mix of vehicle & ground combat that way!
I love the Mad Max Genre! Have all Three movies! I even built his Interceptor from the 1st movie & the Black Pursuit from the 2nd movie. both in 1/24th scale. took 1st in show at a Regional IPMS show in Phoenix about 10 yrs ago. Some guy comes up as I was packin em up & asked if I was willing to sell them. @ first I said no but when he pulled out 10 (count them ) 10 $100 bills... (I had the $100 bills checked b4 taking em of course but...) What could I say? Uhhhh.... Yeah... Sure!
A game based on MAD MAX would be Awesome!
 

Krazus

Mongoose
Well you could have a future game which was generic, with sections for the various films and games that have come out, mad max, fall out, etc...

:D
 

Rob_A

Mongoose
Krazus said:
Well you could have a future game which was generic, with sections for the various films and games that have come out, mad max, fall out, etc...

:D

Like demoliton zone out officially next year probably, dont ask me, I dont know fully...
(with revised rules, otherwise known as re-written by a more experienced gamer)...
 

petitbilbo

Mongoose
The french had a RPG in the purest Mad Max style some 15 years ago.

It was called "Bitume" (asphalt or macadam).

I played it for yeeeeaaaarrrrs...
The big difference with the movies was that it was located in... France! (except in my games, where it was located around Brussels)

8)

petitbilbo
 

petitbilbo

Mongoose
Rob_alderman said:
Sounds cool, if I could locate it, I would get it, also if I understood french.

Yeah, the "french" part is a bummer...

Otherwise, I would have send you a copy of the rulebook.

The system is actually quite simple and the whole thing flows quite nicely.
Instead of "classes", you have gang-types: punks, rockers, mechanics, amazones (watch those b*ll*x!), "snakes" (anti-technology), "nostalgics" (who TRY to live like in the olden times), "metals" (they tend to be surrounded by it), yankees (ex-outcasts from other gangs), etc.

Gosh, I'm getting nostalgic here...

petitbilbo (who invented a new gang-type called "mods", on scooters, very Quadrophenia/Who like)
 

CmdrKiley

Mongoose
"Bitume"???

That sounds familiar. I've got a bunch of post apocalyptic/cyberpunk minis from Prince August Miniatures that were called Future Shock, but also on the back I noticed the word Bitume there? Any connection?
 
CmdrKiley said:
"Bitume"???

That sounds familiar. I've got a bunch of post apocalyptic/cyberpunk minis from Prince August Miniatures that were called Future Shock, but also on the back I noticed the word Bitume there? Any connection?

The Future Shock range weren't attached to any Game to my knowledge, they were released by PA to cash in on the popularity of other similar ranges at the time.
 

Travire

Mongoose
Lieutenant Rasczak said:
Does anyone remember "Dark Future" I loved Dark Future!

Was that the Games Workshop version of Mad Max ?

I always remember being put off that by the cheap plastic models Games Workshop produced for it. You had to be quite a skilled modeller to get them to look any good.

Loved the idea, hated Games Workshop doing it on the cheap.

Then again Steve Jackson games who produced Car Wars seemed to think people wanted to spend their time with tiny cardboard counters for cars, measuring out exact angles against a cardboard 'turning key'. It didn't quite have the pace and excitement of a Mad Max style car chase.

Its always going to be easier to simulate a car chase in a computer game. To make it work as a board game or RPG you'd need to add something more - detailed character development, customisation of vehicles and some really cool models.
 
Travire said:
Lieutenant Rasczak said:
Does anyone remember "Dark Future" I loved Dark Future!

Was that the Games Workshop version of Mad Max ?

I always remember being put off that by the cheap plastic models Games Workshop produced for it. You had to be quite a skilled modeller to get them to look any good.

Loved the idea, hated Games Workshop doing it on the cheap.

Then again Steve Jackson games who produced Car Wars seemed to think people wanted to spend their time with tiny cardboard counters for cars, measuring out exact angles against a cardboard 'turning key'. It didn't quite have the pace and excitement of a Mad Max style car chase.

Its always going to be easier to simulate a car chase in a computer game. To make it work as a board game or RPG you'd need to add something more - detailed character development, customisation of vehicles and some really cool models.


It was but the point was you didn't NEED to use the EE Cars, the miniatures were scaled for use with the popular 'Dinky' Cars at the time.

We never used the EE Cars, just the weapons off them!
 

petitbilbo

Mongoose
CmdrKiley said:
"Bitume"???

That sounds familiar. I've got a bunch of post apocalyptic/cyberpunk minis from Prince August Miniatures that were called Future Shock, but also on the back I noticed the word Bitume there? Any connection?

Yep, they were made specially for that game.

I had a few of those too.
I remember one particular mini of a punk wielding a baseball bat and the top of a dustbin as a shield. Very dynamic pose...

Hmmm... wondering if I should take this up again...

PetitBilbo
 
Top