LW Core book reprinted in softback?

As I have said, I think of this as a smart, even a necessarry move from Mongoose's point of view.
They need to make a core book readily availabe or the line will get no new players and fans.
Making it a softcover could make the rules cheaper (what was the hardcover price back then?) and attract more players than a more expensive hardback volume.
But some 40 $ aren't that cheap either.
I personally would pay some more bucks (or that being Euro in my case :) ) and would get a sturdier hardcover book. But that's just me.

In any way: better a softcover than no book at all.

I'd say this is a good sine for the line and the future of it.
If Mongoose Publishing wouldn't have bothered about LoneWolf anymore, as some of us have been afraid of, no new printing run of the core book would have happend. So it's good news, anyone into LoneWolf should rejoyce ;-)

And now I'm sitting here wondering if the back-up copy that I wanted to have for this special game should be a first edition Hardcover or a second edition Softcover. :?:

@The Mongooses: Is this a re-printing of the first edition, or have been some changes made?

Cut said:
In any way: better a softcover than no book at all.

That's for sure!

Cut said:
And now I'm sitting here wondering if the back-up copy that I wanted to have for this special game should be a first edition Hardcover or a second edition Softcover. :?:

If this is only a second book that your players are gonna check frequently, I should advise for the... cheapest!

Cut said:
@The Mongooses: Is this a re-printing of the first edition, or have been some changes made?

Good question, I'm back this one!

Cut said:
If Mongoose Publishing wouldn't have bothered about LoneWolf anymore, as some of us have been afraid of, no new printing run of the core book would have happend. So it's good news, anyone into LoneWolf should rejoyce ;-)

If Mongoose weren't committed to the line, they wouldn't have had Sommerlund written.

The Wolf said:
Cut said:

If Mongoose weren't committed to the line, they wouldn't have had Sommerlund written.

Very much true also. But that book has not been published yet, so a re-issue of a core book is a good sign, that we'll see Sommerlund in print anytime soon! Being a Trek RPG gamer I'm a little sceptical about written but yet unpublished books. Decipher is sitting on a big bunch of Lord of The Rings and Trek books written, approved and layouted, and just can't find the money, the manpower or the interest to publish them in print. But for our luck Mongoose is not Decipher :) If they say Sommerlund is coming, I trust them. Then we will come to see the day when it's published. :)

Cut said:
Very much true also. But that book has not been published yet, so a re-issue of a core book is a good sign, that we'll see Sommerlund in print anytime soon! Being a Trek RPG gamer I'm a little sceptical about written but yet unpublished books. Decipher is sitting on a big bunch of Lord of The Rings and Trek books written, approved and layouted, and just can't find the money, the manpower or the interest to publish them in print. But for our luck Mongoose is not Decipher :) If they say Sommerlund is coming, I trust them. Then we will come to see the day when it's published. :)

Yeah, there not even issueing them as PDF, presumably sales of the first 4 they released in that format wern't good enougth.

From what I have heard: the sales have been okay. Decipher is just missing the paid man-power to convert the ready-to-print files to .pdf - They wanted to change the layout to be printer friendly...that's what I have heard.
Another thing is, that rumour has it, that Decipher is not in a very stable financial sitution right now and is dependent on the success of their next CCG series sets...That's what I gathered from my side of the rumour mill anyway :eek:

Cut said:
The Wolf said:
Cut said:

Oh the Sommerlund will come, it's just a matter of waiting for it. It's great news that there's a reprint of the core book, since that's something a friend of mine has wanted for a long time but couldn't get a hold of.

I'll be very happy the day it's published :)

lastbesthope said:
Any chance of a Lone Wolf RPG bundle like so many other lines are getting?

LBH

Bundles... everywere there is "bundles"...

Unfortunately "bundling" is a way of producing... nothing!

Sad. :?

lastbesthope said:
Except perhaps, new players.

LBH

I pray you are right...
Unfortunately it is also a matter of LOOSING players. At least those who are expecting new supplements and see nothing on the horizon to sustain their thurst...

Does the reprint have any new material or sections? Any rules corrections or revisions? Does the info in the core rule book conform to what we see in the Magnamund Companion? Any idiosyncrasies, shortcomings?

Sabbak said:
lastbesthope said:
Except perhaps, new players.

LBH

I pray you are right...
Unfortunately it is also a matter of LOOSING players. At least those who are expecting new supplements and see nothing on the horizon to sustain their thurst...

The lone wolf rpg is one of the most complete rpgs I have ever seen, and believe me I have see a _LOT_ of rpg products. You can easily play for years using the rulebook alone.

So as long as the rulebook is in print, lw d20 will never be dead.

I'll ask it, because it has yet to be answered:

In the reprinted version of LW is there anything new? Any corrections, changes in artwork, different layout, etc? Anything?

I may pick up a copy of the softback edition as a backup copy. I'll defintely pick up another copy if there are changes. What's the good word?

.........................................Omote
FPQ

Omote said:
I'll ask it, because it has yet to be answered:

In the reprinted version of LW is there anything new? Any corrections, changes in artwork, different layout, etc? Anything?

I may pick up a copy of the softback edition as a backup copy. I'll defintely pick up another copy if there are changes. What's the good word?

.........................................Omote
FPQ

I'm waiting to find out on this one myself.

Back