Lost Troopers...

Dr. Rooster said:
Lieutenant Rasczak said:
FUNNILY enough, I had an Email off Dr Warlock via my VOR Site - he's stopped playing Mongoose stuff entirely he's "bored with the games and the forum".

Go figure . . . . . .
Dr Warlock is gone too? Geez, not that I knew him a whole lot, but people are just leaving left and right! :shock:

Its a harsh reality, but a lot of people aren't the type who commit to one game or background for long.

Its the nature of people, always after the newer faster fix.

No one mentioned me.

Ah well.

I have discovered the joy of Airsofting pwnage.

So around £300 of my 'fun + alchohol' budget is going south on weapons.

Poor me.

I still have a mountain of SST stuff at home after dropping it on the floor - thanks to dog and cats...

Anyway, I'll start once more with SSTEvo.

And Swindon is closer (raillink wise now) to where I live at uni - Swansea.

So thats my sad story.

Sgt Whiskey Swiper said:

there is an ace wargames shop in swansea, that holds a great stock of SST - Warmachine and flames of war, owner is a real nice chap as well.

Just thought I would let everyone know, I am not gone and rumors of my "Death" are greatly exagerated.

Due to financial situations I am selling my home of 28 years and relocating.

Currently sorting through 28 years of accumulated stuff. Have given away approx $20K worth of game stuff to good homes. Not doing SST right now but will be in a position to get busy by the time the new stuff starts coming out.

Moving back to my old home town and a smaller house until I find a newer larger home to purchase there.

I will still drop in every so often to stay in touch with SST, SST:Evo and Battlefield Evo.

Do not dispair brothers and sisters My royal pain in the arse self will still show up now and again.

Only found homes for game stuff and equipment that would be too bulky to move.

Take care all and Keep the faith, I will return (I shall return) ((I'll be Bach)). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm back. I've been popping in occasionally so know about the whole prepainted thing, but I must ask the traditional prodigal trooper question: Are the Dropships out yet? :D

I picked up the first two issues of Dead Mans Hand at the local comic and game store today and it inspired me to dust off my upainted bugs and LAMI and get a reasonable sized force for both in time for uni when my cash will have to be spent of food etc.

Mr Evil said:
Sgt Whiskey Swiper said:

there is an ace wargames shop in swansea, that holds a great stock of SST - Warmachine and flames of war, owner is a real nice chap as well.

hahaha, nice people, in the Gowa?! I'll believe it when I see it :p.

*jokes*

lastbesthope said:
Roughneck 2-0 said:
I picked up the first two issues of Dead Mans Hand at the local comic and game store today

You know issue 3 is out, yes?

LBH

Yes, but are the dropships out yet?!?!?!1?!?!1!?! :wink:

They didnt have it on the shelf but seeing as it took the lad on the counter 5 minutes to correctly scan the barcode they probably have boxes of the things and just not put them out :?

Roughneck 2-0 said:
Yes, but are the dropships out yet?!?!?!1?!?!1!?! :wink:

They didnt have it on the shelf but seeing as it took the lad on the counter 5 minutes to correctly scan the barcode they probably have boxes of the things and just not put them out :?

Got mine a couple of weeks ago. You don't have one? :shock:

Well now, seems like alot of Troopers are back, or at least dopping in :lol:

As for Sgt. Whiskey Swiper, I forgot about you. Now that I think of it, did I mention DeathGuard?

I know no one gives a damn, but I'm still around. Just burned out on painting. So, I'm taking a break from it all for a few months. Sooner or latter I'll get the itch and start paint my next 40 warriors to add to my 80 I have finished.

Funny, I'm not happy with some of my bugs so I started repainting them to match my new color scheme. Dark purple with yellow and red markings. I think they look smashing and they match now my tankers.

See ya around.

I have actually taken a backseat on wargaming on a whole - still play a lickle bit of 40k.

But airsofting is my 'new love' however...

I feel the vibe growing again...

I don't think anyone noticed I was gone...

I still pop in occasionally. ZJW and I played every weekend for a year as Mongoose Infantry. We got a fe wpeople into the game, but not a lot of support from our "home store" and after Origins we were both feeling burnt out on the game.

I have two more plasma bugs ready to glow, and I'll be back with a vengeance come Evo. I've just been too busy with schoolwork to post or read over here a lot.

In case anyone missed me: I'm still here.

Back