Lost Troopers...

roughneck GIR said:
I miss mr evil and the lt :cry:

Sorry guys, I've been REALLY ill.

I didn't get to Swindon on the 30th of last month, I ended up in an accident (and more).

Some time ago, I hurt my back playing Rugby (and people CLAIM playing sport is good for you) so I was put in a position where John (a good friend, not John I game with though - but this John has relatives in Swindon) was going to drive me.

We set out in good time, and in spite of the fact there was absolutely no Traffic on the Road - as John pulled out a Car sped down the Road out of control and smashed into the side of his Car, spinning us across the street.

The impact completely totalled the Drivers side wing of Johns car, leaving him with mild whiplash and caused me to wrench my back again.

We both ended up at the Hospital, but whereas they let John go home within a couple of hours (of boredom)I had more problems. It was more complex for myself.

I had been previousley been prescribed Tramake and Co-Codomol for my back. The Co-Codomol was fine, but I had an strange reaction to the Tramake (which is a shame, because its quite 'trippy' really). On the way to the Hospital in the Taxi, it became increasingly hard to breath.

I thought it might be mild shock from the accident (or the pain in my back), but when they did a blood test they found that my body was storing the tramadol hydrochloride (rather than it absorbed or being dissipated) which was basically causing respiratory depression (it basically felt like I was breathing with half a lung).

So its (sort of) a good thing I didn't get there in the end, as I would have been stuck in a Hospital in Swindon aaaarrrrggghhh Lol!

I got back out, but my breathing started to suffer again so I had to go back in (and I HATE Hospitals Lol). I came back out yesterday, and all I have done is sleep! (and I'm still tired).

FUNNILY enough, I had an Email off Dr Warlock via my VOR Site - he's stopped playing Mongoose stuff entirely he's "bored with the games and the forum".

Go figure . . . . . .

BLAMY!

Well good to see that you're still alive :p , I managed to sprang my wrist pretty bad during that time, it hurt :cry:

well cool! Evil is around too

See yah

roughneck GIR said:
BLAMY!

Well good to see that you're still alive :p , I managed to sprang my wrist pretty bad during that time, it hurt :cry:

See yah

Wrist injuries can be REALLY sore.

Just tired really.

Got some Exo Suits as a "Get Well Soon" present!!!!!

Duh, that's one hell of an 'illness'. And yes, hospitals do suck - I've been visiting them on a regular basis for about three years now (damn that asthma and high blood pressure). Anyhow, glad you're up and running again :)

Don_Silvarro said:
Duh, that's one hell of an 'illness'. And yes, hospitals do suck - I've been visiting them on a regular basis for about three years now (damn that asthma and high blood pressure). Anyhow, glad you're up and running again :)

Asthma and High BP not a fun combo.

It was pretty sh***y for a while, my Son was really worried which upset me more than being ill if you kwim.

Right, must paint today - its bee AGES!

Good to have you back Lt! Are you going on with that Razacks Raiders idea you had by the way?

And when I started this thread I wasn't just thinking about the Lt, more or less everyone who has left since I got here.

Here goes a list of names of people I've noticed missing:

Scipio
DeathGuard
Oldbury
Roughneck2zero

These are the ones I can think of now, I'm sure there are more who are not around any more.

Kristovich said:
Good to have you back Lt! Are you going on with that Razacks Raiders idea you had by the way?

And when I started this thread I wasn't just thinking about the Lt, more or less everyone who has left since I got here.

Here goes a list of names of people I've noticed missing:

Scipio
DeathGuard
Oldbury
Roughneck2zero

These are the ones I can think of now, I'm sure there are more who are not around any more.

I haven't, I've been getting my head around work and answering correspondence - but I will don't worry.

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
roughneck GIR said:
BLAMY!

See yah

Wrist injuries can be REALLY sore.

Just tired really.

Got some Exo Suits as a "Get Well Soon" present!!!!!
Yeah, but after I got better I realised how much I was ignoring my unpainted minis, and painted a few Lami who required some paint for their armor and helmets, and painted up my chickenhawk nco

I got boredom and homework as my 'get well' thingy lol :roll:

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
roughneck GIR said:
I got boredom and homework as my 'get well' thingy lol :roll: [/color]

Homework can be fun (if the subject interests you Lol)!
That would have to be astronomy or japanese (of course I have math and socials all the time :? ) the two good subjects I like

I spoke to grey on the phone yesterday, like me hes taken a summer savatical from gaming, and we are organising a game soon to test my new tourny army :)

i think for some of us, gaming is more seasonal than costant, in the summer i spend most my time out in the sun and enjoying bars i the evening, in the winter i stay in the warm as by then im bored of going out, and get some gaming done.

Ello, just thought I would pop my head up.

Its a shame but SST is sorta dying at my LGS, Mongoose stuff in general is suffering, what with the general hatred of ACTA's latest supplement, and deep depression over the fact that SST is essentially being "Dropped" untill April. But at least it means the SST stuff has dropped in price....

£9 cap trooper boxes FTW!!

Mr Evil said:
I spoke to grey on the phone yesterday, like me hes taken a summer savatical from gaming, and we are organising a game soon to test my new tourny army :)

i think for some of us, gaming is more seasonal than costant, in the summer i spend most my time out in the sun and enjoying bars i the evening, in the winter i stay in the warm as by then im bored of going out, and get some gaming done.

You are right, it can be seasonal. Generally I like to Game at least once a week irregardless.

Its just like taking regular exercise really, you don't 'stop' because of the Season Lol.

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
Its just like taking regular exercise really, you don't 'stop' because of the Season Lol.

Except for those of us for whom "regular" exercise means the same week each year ;)

mthomason said:
Lieutenant Rasczak said:

Except for those of us for whom "regular" exercise means the same week each year ;)

Mind you, upon saying that it was "regular exercise" that caused all the problems in the first place Lol.

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
FUNNILY enough, I had an Email off Dr Warlock via my VOR Site - he's stopped playing Mongoose stuff entirely he's "bored with the games and the forum".

Go figure . . . . . .
Dr Warlock is gone too? Geez, not that I knew him a whole lot, but people are just leaving left and right! :shock:

Back