Loren's ship

I know I'm bringing this back but in the B5WComing of the Shadows it talks about his shuttle. They say no weapon of the younger races could hurt it and no first one would dare fire upon it.

why does the shuttle have to have any special properties...

The shadows had many races serving them on their planet, and quite a few of them captured other races for their experiements...

The shuttle could just have been a shuttle... built in the modern era... and as the Shadows would not think of harming him, they could have escourted him all the way to the Babylon 5 jump point, as he did exhibit glowy ball form to sheridan while on the shadow homeworld.

As for not being recognised as the glowy ball... he was not noticed by either the shadows or the vorlons (and other first ones) once he reached Babylon 5 until he interferred at the battle...

Till then he was only advising, and keeping his true nature hidden.

This is more clear with the shadows trying to kill the White Star he was on, when they would not have fired upon it had they known he was aboard.

For this purpose I would say the shuttle was just a shuttle... the protection it had was simply because Lorien was aboard it. Mental armour so to speak... ;-)

Just my thoughts.

Back