Lone Wolf MPB 2010 releases

These three sound interesting. I think they sound like they might be more comprehensive than the D20 book and the original Companion. Hopefully they will have excellent interior artwork like the new gamebooks as well!

MultiPlayer GameBook

Sommerlund

Magnamund Bestiary

Just seen the class list for the 'Heroes of Magnamund' and it's an impressive spread, hitting some of he old classics and also bringing in some good requested classes.

Personally, I'm excited to see the Kloon in there, just because alot of these non-human races in Magnamund sometimes go passed with very little comment in the original books. I like the fact other races exist and are accepted, but it's good to get a better feel for them.

In that regard, I would love to see an Ogron mercenery to perhaps sneak a peek into their head. Plus, of course, anyone wanting the half-orc like character would be well served with that :D

Just a small wish, I am more than happy with the listed classes as they stand!

Whew, thats an exhaustive list. I wonder if they will have a complete progression to magnakai like levels, like the kai in the core rulebook and if so how mongoose will make space for all that. I guess the 3 adventures in the core rulebook take up more space than I thought!

The only class I would wish added is the shianti sorceror, but if the magician of dessi is the same thing I am happy with that.

p.s. I also like how the sommerlund knight is a different class to the knight of the white mountain. I'm also glad that the ice barbarian of kalte made the cut; this was a class I was about to submit to Signs and portents for the old lonewolf d20 before the line ended. Never got around to it though I did stat the class up.

Wow. This is going to be incredible! Finally it looks like we have a lonewolf rpg that feels like the books. I am very pleased to see Kloons make a welcome return. I would also love to see an Ogron Mercenary, and a Noodnic Scavenger, but those will do for now

Hi guys,

Update on Heroes of Magnamund!

We have just had the manuscript back from Mr Dever, with some new additions, and space is _really_ tight in this book. As a consequence, we have had to put the Magnakai material back for another release (probably its own book, at this rate, so you may actually get the Book of the Magnakai!).

There are a number of reasons for this, partly space and partly because the Magnakai material itself has just ballooned in size (was going to be a few pages on different powers and circles, ended up being way more - the best equivalent I can make is the Epic Level handbook for D&D 3.5, as it becomes a slightly different game).

Heroes is jam-packed full of new classes, and now has an extended equipment list, so your heroes can be properly tooled up!

Awesome. Good to see the first supplement on the release schedule too.

I did find it odd that with the Lone Wolf cover, S&P 78 contains no real LW material :)

hal said:
I did find it odd that with the Lone Wolf cover, S&P 78 contains no real LW material :)

Same here. Good to see it make the cover but there's not even a one page blurb to say why the rpg would be worth your while or what Lone Wolf is. :evil: Yes it's listed under new releases along with the rest but odd for getting the cover. No "blue" content!

Oh and my PDF has a line through the cover image about 1/3 down from the top. Appears under both Sumatra and Adobe Reader so it's either this download or the file itself. Had a similar issue with a Traveller full page ad hiding the upper left corner of a logo recently too. :(

Mmmmh... March is here. Many rumors talked about the release of book 29, The Storms of Chai, to the Mega-Deal suscribers this month. Is it the case?

serene_muse said:
Same here. Good to see it make the cover but there's not even a one page blurb to say why the rpg would be worth your while or what Lone Wolf is. :evil: Yes it's listed under new releases along with the rest but odd for getting the cover. No "blue" content!

Its a minor issue but it also has happened on a number of occassions in the past :)

msprange said:
Hi guys,

Update on Heroes of Magnamund!

We have just had the manuscript back from Mr Dever, with some new additions, and space is _really_ tight in this book. As a consequence, we have had to put the Magnakai material back for another release (probably its own book, at this rate, so you may actually get the Book of the Magnakai!).

Another thing you could do is remove the new equipment, putting all that into a new Arms and Equipment Book of Magnamund. It would be good to have a complete progression of levels 1-20 for all classes in one book.

BlackCat said:
Mmmmh... March is here. Many rumors talked about the release of book 29, The Storms of Chai, to the Mega-Deal suscribers this month. Is it the case?

Still waiting for the manuscript, I am afraid!

Xex said:
Another thing you could do is remove the new equipment, putting all that into a new Arms and Equipment Book of Magnamund. It would be good to have a complete progression of levels 1-20 for all classes in one book.

Three problems with that;

1. We would never do an Arms & Equipment book for the Lone Wolf game, as there just isn;t enough variation in the weapons. To all intents and purposes, an axe is the same, in-game, as a sword. Which you choose is a matter of personal preference only.

2. If we remeoved the equipment section from Heroes, we would not have enough room for the extra material needed to cover all ranks.

3. Ranks 11+ are really a different way of playing the game. Characters are _very_ powerful - not necessarily in combat (though they usually are), but in everything else they can do. There are very few limits, and so we need to cover not just the characters themselves, but how to actually play games of this type. As I said before, it is the difference between D&D and Epic Level D&D. It is about finding decent challenges.

I see. Makes sense then. You would also need epic level foes too. Something to keep in mind, maybe a bestiary type of book is also in order to cover all types of foes.

Do we have a firmer date for the first book yet? I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket (Paypal account actually) and I'm trying my hardest not to spend it until the multi-player book comes out.

Well, it is at print right now, so we'll have it in our hands in 2-3 weeks - it will be in stores shortly after that!

Must say I'm looking forward to this - I originally started with FF books, but always preferred LW once I got into it due to the ongoing story (actually came across the novels before the gamebooks, which was interesting).

Multiplayer games always make me thing of the bar-room brawl in the Mangamund Companion...nice...

We would never do an Arms & Equipment book for the Lone Wolf game, as there just isn;t enough variation in the weapons. To all intents and purposes, an axe is the same, in-game, as a sword. Which you choose is a matter of personal preference only.
The only real difference is the ability to trigger weaponskill, weaponmastery and whatever equivalents hero types get.

Other than that, magic, but I suppose Dessi Stone-equipped blades, etc, etc, belong in Heroes because you don't have to give someone MUCH of an advantage in the LW combat system to suddenly go from a fair fight to utterly obliterating an opponent (which is why almost everyone's first response to seeing the Sommerswerd's stats was "it does WHAT?!?!?")

Book of the magnakai would be awesome - it would, amongst other things, let you dig into the lore circles....

Back