Should Lone Wolf have a separate Forum

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

robertib

Mongoose
I know that Lone Wolf isn't even out yet, but looking at all of the posts on it, we may possibly need a separate forum for it.
How many others think so too?

Yes. Maybe Lone Wolf will never get the spotlight as much as Conan do, but it still deserve its own forum.
I'm sure there would be more posts on LW if there was a dedicated forum.

I vote "yes" for a separate forum !
:D
It seems essential for me: make no jealous, Lone Wolf is not as brawny as Conan but it deserve a real and separate place to discuss...

Regards,

...but I personally have waited patiently for what... well, since '85 when I got my first taste of the World of Lone Wolf in Ian Page's Grey Star the Wizard. Short of Star Wars, I have never been this patient for any release (RPing related of course). Now, I know I can't be the only fanboy here who has waited this long.
It's just a matter of time. Sooner or later, we'll get what we're waiting for, just as the release of this book proves.

Sorry,
I voted no.
I feel if one of the OGL one shot books gets it's own forrum, then all of them should have thier own forums. OGL Cybernet has enough posting traffic to warrant it's own board, and Horror is not to far behind it!

If Lone Wolf gets its own board then the others realy should too.

Just my 2 bits

Slingbld~

slingbld said:
...one shot books...

There is more than one book in production for Lone Wolf; do not forget the Darklands supplement. And with the wealth of information on this game world, it's a wonder we haven't heard anything of a Players Guide to Magnamund, or anything like that.

It does warrant the question, as I have asked before, if these two books are going to be the only ones published, or if we might expect more to come.

Fair enough.
Let's get Lone Wolf it's own Forum.
But I would have to ask that Cybernet gets it's own forum as well. After all, the release of the second official product for it is comming out next month. It's very own Soundtrack!!

Realistically though. I think they reserve forum pages for those products that have an actively supported line (B5, Conan, etc..)
I think it would take more than 2-3 products for one line for them to give it it's own forum...

slingbld said:
Realistically though. I think they reserve forum pages for those products that have an actively supported line (B5, Conan, etc..)
I think it would take more than 2-3 products for one line for them to give it it's own forum...

Hmmm, Conan has only a Corebook and a supplement out (Scrolls of Kelos), and 2 more announced (Road of Kings and Pirate Isles). Would 3-4 products make it an "actively supported line"? :wink:

I'm doing the devil's advocate, here. Of course the Conan RPG deserves its own forum, since it seems Mongoose will support it fully. It's obviously non-official, but given the scope of Magnamund, I'm pretty sure Mongoose can churn out a good number of books for Lone Wolf RPG. I mean, how can you tell the Lone Wolf line will get only 2 or 3 books? Because only 2 books are announced for the next 3 months? For my part, I take that as a promising sign. If Mongoose would announce their release schedule one year ahead (a near-suicidal thing in the RPG industry), we could maybe see a half-dozen more Lone Wolf books in the work. Or not. :wink:

Only time will tell.

zilkoski said:
Hmmm, Conan has only a Corebook and a supplement out (Scrolls of Kelos), and 2 more announced (Road of Kings and Pirate Isles). Would 3-4 products make it an "actively supported line"? :wink:

Well, for one, Conan is slated to be as supported as B5 or Judge Dread. That's why it is not listed in the OGL section of thier website but rather has it's own area & forum. True, they only have 3-4 products scheduled for release through June or so. But then again, B5 only has 2 more products listed as commig out when we know they have about 5-6 that have been specifically mentioned as in the pipeline.
The same cannot be said for any of the other OGL titles including Lone Wolf, Cybernet, Horror, etc...

slingbld said:
The same cannot be said for any of the other OGL titles including Lone Wolf, Cybernet, Horror, etc...

What strikes me is that Lone Wolf doesn't "belong" with the other OGL books. According to the website blurb, "The [OGL] Core Rulebooks from Mongoose Publishing are a new series of RPGs designed to fully explore individual genres, giving players and Games Masters all the tools they need to create their own settings and scenarios."

I don't see Lone Wolf as a toolbox for creating a setting... It IS a setting. Maybe Mongoose put it in the OGL part of their website as a temporary measure, before a proper "Lone Wolf line" page could be set up?

Anyway, as I said in my previous post, only time will tell. (And we can safely guess that sales will heavily impact the future of the LW RPG... :mrgreen: )

According to the website blurb, "The [OGL] Core Rulebooks from Mongoose Publishing are a new series of RPGs designed to fully explore individual genres, giving players and Games Masters all the tools they need to create their own settings and scenarios."

Is Lone Wolf not an individual genre? Does it not give players all the tools, rules, races, etc that GM's need to create their own scenarios? Will it not allow the GM to properly describe the Lone Wolf Setting? Sounds like it fits . . .

me

Anonymous said:
According to the website blurb, "The [OGL] Core Rulebooks from Mongoose Publishing are a new series of RPGs designed to fully explore individual genres, giving players and Games Masters all the tools they need to create their own settings and scenarios."

Is Lone Wolf not an individual genre? Does it not give players all the tools, rules, races, etc that GM's need to create their own scenarios? Will it not allow the GM to properly describe the Lone Wolf Setting? Sounds like it fits . . .

me

Well, we're talking semantics, here. Lone Wolf isn't, IMO, a "genre". A lone game cannot be a genre. Its genre would be "Fantasy", or maybe "Heroic Fantasy"...

Lone Wolf is a definite setting, already built for you by Joe Dever, the creator of Magnamund. Sure, you'll have to create your scenarios yourself (but what RPG wouldn't have you do that?)... But the rest of the work has already been done. You don't have to decide what the inhabitants of magnamund look like, how they live, what the different kingdoms/empires/lands are, how magic works... This has already been defined. So it doesn't count as a "toolkit", in my book. A Heroic Fantasy OGL book in this series would have me less puzzled than putting the Lone Wolf RPG on the same page as Cyberpunk OGL and Ancients OGL.

Again, I'm not comparing the relative merits of the LW RPG vs. the OGL books. I'm just saying they're just different animals, IMO.

Oh, Mongoose, could you please publish this RPG so we have other things to do than engaging in semantics discussions? :mrgreen:

LW should have its own forum, and it will soon. It is not and OGL, the very thought is ridiculous. It will be a fully supported line; there are two confirmed supplements in the works already. One has already been mentioned above, the other will deal with epic class progression and grandmaster powers (thats all that mongoose bob has said about that).

The other OGL books like horror are just that, one shot books, with those recieving a good respone warranting the release of a supplement; thats about it. LW wil be a full fledged se4tting and core mongoose product line.

hope that´s correct

can´t wait to have the books in my hand

after more than 15 years of waiting, it will be mine :)

Well, maybe a forum would even strengthen the game line?

Having an own forum might result in a much more active fan community here, which even might generate more interest from other visitors, who are not yet infected with the Magnamundian Plague.

Of course, one could always ask the Cener Druids for help with that ... :wink:

Hey, guess what just got its own forum? :lol: Ha! ha! Smirks.

Back