Lone Wolf 11 News

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Lone Wolf 11, Prisoners of Time, is now going through its final editing, and will be off to print very soon. Expect to see it in June!

You can see the front cover, plus pre-order your own copy, at;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1671

Wow, you guys are really motoring along now! I look forward to seeing the new artwork for one of the enemies in this book(The guy I always call zakhan kinmah 2 :) ) - wonder if his stats will be changed...

By the way Matthew, is there any word on the final four New Voyage books? I recall the original plan was roughly christmas '08 for #29...

lord darkstorm said:
By the way Matthew, is there any word on the final four New Voyage books? I recall the original plan was roughly christmas '08 for #29...

Still waiting for confirmation from Joe on that one!

msprange said:
Lone Wolf 11, Prisoners of Time, is now going through its final editing, and will be off to print very soon. Expect to see it in June!

You can see the front cover, plus pre-order your own copy, at;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1671

:mrgreen: Thanks for the early update!

oh boy, just finished book 10 and the awesome bonus adventure ! :)

when will book 11 be available ? hope at the beginning of june ;)

awesome work,guys !

A new book. :)

So for this one time I'll remind you that there are some recurring bugs since book 6. See the stickied summary of errata topic.

Any chance of having these bugs squashed in Book 11 ? These bugs have been on the errata list for quite some time now.

They are:
* Weaponmastery section does not list Bow as a choice.
* Action chart: Still lists the Kai bonus of +2 CS instead of Magnakai bonus +3 CS.

Then there is also the currency size problem (since book 9) which is discussed in the errata thread. Fourth last post on page three describes the problem.

Hi guys,

We'll have a firm date for you very soon - we are in the hands of the printers at the moment!

Well, to be fair, the printers have been doing a wonderful job so far. It's the doubled-edged sword: very good quality, yet sometimes at the mercy of production timelines outside MP's control.

There have been some unavoidable delays, but they have now been taken care of - it looks like we will have another 'double release' in August, Books 11 and 12.

Thanks for the updates.
Personally I would rather wait the extra few weeks and get an as-mistake-free-as-possible copy rather than have a rush job that meets deadlines but needs reprinting.

:|

are books 11 and 12 really coming out this late ? september ? :(

are there any chances that they will be released before ?

Grrrrrr! :x Can't always be the printers fault for the delays. What're the reasons for the second delay of book 11?

BlackCat said:
Grrrrrr! :x Can't always be the printers fault for the delays. What're the reasons for the second delay of book 11?

Nope, this one is down to a few passes too and fro during the approval process. The result is that Book 11 and 12 will likely come out very close together, much like 9 and 10 did.

So from an originally estimated June release, we're looking at September... Maybe... with a favourable wind and maybe the sacrifice of a small mammal.

Once again we're into release "creep" where the first I heard of it is when I check September's releases hoping for book 13, only to find the books I was expecting this month. It drives me insane. If you were running a pizza delivery company, you'd have angry mobs with pitch forks and burning torches marching on your shop. Imagine - "It'll be with you in thirty minute." To have it arrive after two hours.

I have a suggestion. Possibly an unpopular one with some people. How about, you get a book ready, you keep it in "reserve". You wait until you actually have it in the warehouse and the next book is due back from the printer before announcing a release date? Short of the entire warehouse burning to the ground or washed away in floods, there's no way you could fail to meet the advertised month. Ok, so somewhere there'll be a long delay between books (I almost manged to type that with a straight face), but now is the ideal opportunity. Hold 12 until 13 is printed, then ship 12, hold 13 until 14 etc. It would hopefully cut out the seemingly unending series of let-downs with release dates (I'm not pointing a finger at who or what's to blame, just stating a fact). All following books would then theoretically drop into the timeline and could also be in the warehouse before the announced release date.

Not to mention it would give someone on staff or someone mates with someone on staff to read a printed version and avoid things like the printer missing pages 151 & 152(?) from the mini-adventure in book whatever, saving Mongoose shipping cost on broken books.

Opinions from other Forumites?

Mark.

Back