Loi-Kymar Miniadventure in the New Caberns of Kalte

Xex

Mongoose
From what we know of Book 3, Loi-Kymar was a different sort of mage than Banedon. He had knowledge of Herbalism, and could not cast (or chose not to) cast lightning hand. He did cast Web though, if I recall. He also appears to be of a much higher power level than the Banedon in the old min-adventure.

So is there any news on what kind of spells/goodies he gets in the Loi-Kymar mini-adventure in the new Caverns of kalte? And what timeframe will we play him in; will it just prior to his being captured by Vonotar or will it be set years earlier?

I personally can see the adventure being set years earlier, simply because a short mini-adventure wont be able to handle the huge amounts of spells/advancements the more powerful Loi-Kymar gets (the one LW meets and free's on Kalte) He also appeared to have a powerful staff of teleportation if I recall correctly.

Thoughts, until the new Caverns is released and we know for sure?

Oh and btw, who writes these mini-adventure? Joe Dever, or someone on the Mongoose team?

If the mini A is set years earlier it may be that a younger Loi-Kymar does just use the same rules as Banedon. I hope we see a little something different though just so we have something new to play around with.

WW

In the Legend of Lone Wolf novels, we learn Loi-Kymar had access to a Second level of magic, in which spells self-propagate to great magnitude with virtually no effort expenditure. Would be nice to see some of that included.

Well, Kalte has started to be shipped. So whenever someone here gets a copy, please feel free to spill the beans on the Lioi-Kymar adventure.

I have to say this entire mini-adventure in the back of the book idea was brilliant; it really, really makes me want to get each book. Far more than if Dever had only made minor changes to the Lonwolf story itself.

I second that it's great to get a look at other characters in Magnamund. Can't wait for the multiplayer book to try them out in a full free flowing adventure.

WW

Back