Legend 2014 - Cults of Sheoloth: the Killer (DONE)

Maybe we can convince Mongoose to adopt it as their motto :D

I'm looking forward to see what you're doing with the Cult of the Killer - it sounds like you are developing into something a bit more complex than a straightforward military cult...

They're the strong arm of Sheoloth, the military of the city, but there's also a couple of options for anyone who wants to see the sneakier side of the Killer's cult.

Slowly but surely, rl has been one thing after another but there's a break in the clouds now and I'm starting to sort things out.

Yesterday was an afternoon in radiology at the local hospital with my wife, who has an injured foot.

It's been a rough month or two.

The Killer will be very much around the same size as the Dark Mother tome.

Right. So I have reached the point in this book so far, where I'm now looking at the day-to-day lives of the various cult ranks. Starting with the Hopefuls.

I'll be doing a separate overview of the Tavari Order (part of the Killer's church) after this. So you can get an idea of the day-to-day life of the assassins.

The Wolf said:
Right. So I have reached the point in this book so far, where I'm now looking at the day-to-day lives of the various cult ranks. Starting with the Hopefuls.

I'll be doing a separate overview of the Tavari Order (part of the Killer's church) after this. So you can get an idea of the day-to-day life of the assassins.

I'd recommend using this section to highlight differences in outlook between the different cult ranks and different factions within the Cult. One thing that d100games have always done well is present the viewpoints of different social ranks and cult groups without passing any judgement on their validity.

I'm pretty much following the template I used for the Dark Mother, which tends to show how the various groups feel about each other inside the cult, and what their day entails.

In the meantime, this is one of the cult leaders:

"The War Priests are a trio of powerful dark elves that lead the church in all matters, accomplished warriors and combatants, they also study the deepest mysteries of the religion as well as exploring the finer points of tactics, combat and battle strategy.

War Priest Jezdivyn Urklaar

The leader of the church knows his regimen better than any other and he sticks to it like clockwork. He has little time for subtle machinations and prefers a head-on approach to most problems. Of course, if he has to formulate strategy that takes advantage of subtle tactics, he can do so. He leads from the front and is often found charging into the fray ahead of his peers with a murderous gleam in his eyes."

Things have been insane RL, I've spent more time at the doctors and hospital than I ever have in one single month I think - not for me though.

Then, I hit a bit of a snag that I'm resolving slowly, my faithful laptop finally gave up the ghost and nearly took all my work with it. I'd backed a heck of a lot up, and now I own a cloud-based 4tb storage drive that's got a backup of everything on it across the whole network.

Unfortunately my copy of Office 2010 refuses to work on the interim machine, which is what I use for all the tables and so on. In fact, the interim machine is held together by bits of string and prayer right now.

I'll have something new soon though, so I can get back to working on this one properly. This is really the first time I've had to sit down and think for months.

It is coming though!

Good news! I'm back in the saddle, my PC woes are sorted and I have my writing machine back running properly. It's been a bit of a nightmare to be honest...

So expect me to dive back into this book ASAP.

I want it out of the way!

DWP

Work goes on! I decided to do a little change to something, and I've been working on some of the thematic elements of the book now.

Expect things to motor onwards from now on though, things are back to normal (or as close as possible) after the cruddy late-year of 2014.

New spells are done, one new Heroic Ability is done and 4 new items are in the mix.

I'm closing in on the end of this one now :)

I've added a few new Combat Styles, and these work a little differently to the ones you might have seen in Legend. They come with some added caveats, and in many cases a bonus or two that's kind of like a special effect.

The Killer is after all the Master of War :)

Back