Left For Dead

Foxworthy

Mongoose
I was wondering how people rule Left For Dead in refrence to death from Consitution damage. In the book it says once a player reaches -10, but constitution damage kills them with out hitpoint damage correct? So does Left For Dead save them or does it not apply to ability damage death?

Short answer - No.
Long answer - Assuming they lost Con due to poison or disease, I'd allow a Fate Point to coincidently encounter a healer or sorceror who can restore the character, even though he is apparently dead. Comas seem appropriate for the genre.

sbarrie said:
Short answer - No.
Long answer - Assuming they lost Con due to poison or disease, I'd allow a Fate Point to coincidently encounter a healer or sorceror who can restore the character, even though he is apparently dead. Comas seem appropriate for the genre.

Yup, I treat Fate Point to be "Left for Dead" as "You're not dead (if at all plausible)" whatever the cause, so that would include ability damage, level drain, hung from the Tree of Woe, etc. Having PC be in coma while comrades desperately seek a cure sounds genre-appropriate.

An occasional problem with "Left for Dead" is what happens if you're felled by opponents who would naturally consume the body. An extra Fate Point for a lucky break (the ghouls are scared away by something else) sounds right, but if feeling generous I may allow a fortunate sequence of events for just 1 FP.

Well, don't the rules say that -10 = dead as well as 0CON = dead? The both equal "dead" so why not treat it as "left for dead" in both cases? It takes a Fate Point and a Save to survive, so it's still not easy, and with a 0CON the individual's FORT save is also lower making it tougher to pass that save they need to come back from the brink of death...

Back