Latest News on A Call to Arms: Star Fleet

GreyHart said:
So I want to thank Mr. George publicly for his assistance - and patience - in trying to resolve the problem during what I'm sure has been a very trying time for the company. Thank you sir.

Kelly is a she :) But she appreciates your thoughts!

msprange said:
GreyHart said:
So I want to thank Mr. George publicly for his assistance - and patience - in trying to resolve the problem during what I'm sure has been a very trying time for the company. Thank you sir.

Kelly is a she :) But she appreciates your thoughts!
Well her unisex name can be a bit confusing :D jk, figured she was a she...then I see people on the forums call her mister or say "he" then I began to doubt myself.

Well color me red in the face from embarrasment.. :oops:

My apologies to Miss George, and again my thanks.

Bet everyone got a laugh from this one. :D

I have to applaud this. You'll have my business now. I'm still not crazy about the larger scale, but I suppose the new additions to my fleets could count as other classes. I'm one of those freaks who doesn't buy resin. I detest the stuff. The whole industry is trying to transition to resin to save money. Personally, I prefer the durability of metal or styrene. Resin is toxic, resin is brittle, resin is cheap. Metal has worked since I started buying miniatures in the 1970's. I think it'll continue to work just fine.

Oh, and I didn't lose interest in the game when you announced that you'd be casting miniatures in resin. I guess I really am an oddity.

Matthew, my sincere thanks. I'm looking forward to picking up some Starline 2500's now.

Just to let you all know, we are expecting a UPS shipment here in the UK tomorrow that will contain a veritable salvo of Fed Fleet Boxes, and we will be shipping them out as quickly as we can - if the UPS man gets here in the morning, some of you may well see your sets on Saturday.

This shipment will not cover everyone who ordered in the UK, Europe or 'ROW' (still hate that term), but we will be getting another such shipment next week, and every week thereafter, with these subsequent shipments being joined by the Romulan and then Klingon fleet sets.

A similar barrage of Fed fleet sets is in the process of leaving the US warehouse - again, not covering absolutely everyone (though going a good way), and more sets will be leaving on a regular basis.

We expect to not only have served all Fed fleet set orders within the next 2 weeks or so, but to have ready stock on standby for new orders, with the Romulans and Klingons reaching a similar state a week or so beyond that.

Once again, apologies for all the delays up to this point but we are finally getting large numbers of fleet sets out of the door.

Come on... You were saying mostly the same thing last month "The fed fleet boxes will be sent soon then the Klingon then the romulans !".

And yet, no fleet box in the mail. Yest it's "only" a game, but you've been holding on roughly 300 euros on my order for three month. If I hadn't already received the rulebooks, I would have canceled a long time ago and NEVER looked back at Mongoose. "Nice" move, by the way.

I agree it's just a game but who would not be pissed about 300 euros come on you have all the right to be pissed in the world mate. I can't think of a service or product were they missed the deliver date by 3 months and anyone would be cool with that. Mongoose deserves your rage because they earned it.

There's no rage, after all, it's a game, and I've plenty of other things to paint. But i don't appreciate being lied to week after week. Every time Matt says "we are doing a step forward !", he says afterwards "Ho, sorry, we have to take a step backward, but it'll be better after, promised !". That's quite dishonest in itself, I think.

So does this mean that there have been previous fleet boxes sent out in the UK, or will these be the first Federation Fleet boxes sent out?

You had a picture of Kat holding a fleet box, showing there was at least one in the UK on Feb 10th. Did that go out to a customer?

The guy who got a Romulan fleet box sent a bunch of complaints in. Is that the step we should be taking?

archon96 said:
not only am i waiting on my fleet boxes, but im also waiting on the CC i was suppose to have over a month ago.

"So say we all" - have they actually produced any of these?

Matthew rocks.

Now what about the box of three Zulfiqars, the squadron of EQ2050's and the Revered Leader and MEA Snipers I ordered?

Oh, yeah, and the Bin'Tak Dreadnaught?

Battlefield Evolution, forever!

-Heinz

steelvow said:
There's no rage, after all, it's a game, and I've plenty of other things to paint. But i don't appreciate being lied to week after week. Every time Matt says "we are doing a step forward !", he says afterwards "Ho, sorry, we have to take a step backward, but it'll be better after, promised !". That's quite dishonest in itself, I think.

I am afraid I must disagree - this is _inevitable_ if we keep you up to date, minute by minute as it were. The alternative is to tell you all much less - you won't see what happens in the background, but you will also be less informed.

May be better for us, overall - but is that what you really want?

Ben2 said:
So does this mean that there have been previous fleet boxes sent out in the UK, or will these be the first Federation Fleet boxes sent out?

There have been previous fleet sets sent out.

Da Boss said:
"So say we all" - have they actually produced any of these?

The Command Cruiser was redesigned - and yes, these will be arriving with the shipment today as well.

msprange said:
Heinz said:
Oh, yeah, and the Bin'Tak Dreadnaught?

No reason you should not have had that - we manufactured plenty of Bin'Taks...

Matthew

my bin tak was ace, shame it was overshadowed by the later G'Vrahn!

Back