Latest News on A Call to Arms: Star Fleet

Good news, Matt!

How goes progress on shipping outstanding orders for those who requested resin?

I'm still debating the metal / resin issue. Metal mins means, for the moment, faster shipping but heavier to carry around while resin minis means (as I understand it right now) longer production, at least until MGP can get production issues worked out, possibly a premium charge for the molds but lighter.

I may change my mind to metal (minus whatever may have already been shipped) once I see Matt's response to my question above. However, once I start getting minis, in either metal or resin, I want to keep my entire range consistent if at all possible.

So where are the fleet boxes for the UK? You make mention of USA and Canada orders but no mention of European orders?

I think this is the last definite timescale we were given

Post subject: Re: Any news on the fleet boxes Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:47 pm

msprange said:
Rumour Control Update...

The last of the Squadron sets ordered from the UK, Europe and 'rest of the world' (hate that term!) are literally going out the door right now. If you are in the UK, you will see your ships tomorrow or Saturday, Royal Mail willing. In the US, the vast majority of orders have been sent, with the remainder leaving on Monday and Tuesday.

For the next week, we will have an average of 48 hour turnaround on squadron sets. After that, our usual 24 hour turnaround will apply.

Fleet sets will start shipping in the US next week, and hopefully the UK the week after - slowly to begin with, but they will quickly mount up as the squadron sets have.

More news as it happens!

If some US fleet boxes still haven't shipped and they are generally getting put in the post before the UK, then March possibly, as there are only 4 days of February left? I imagine the official answer will be 'you've just got to wait a little longer'.

This is just the Fed fleet box though. Has anyone anywhere received a Klingon or Romulan one?

I'm sorry, but all these promises of fleet boxes are just pie-in-the-sky until we receive them!

I have ordered 4 fleet boxes, and whilst I don't expect to receive most of these until the summer (Kilingons, Gorn and Kzinti) it would have been nice to have seen the Feds, especially as they were meant to be a birthday present.

To use a political analogy, where Tony Blair will only now be remembered for the war in Iraq, when it comes to ACTA:SF, Mongoose will only be remembered for the miniatures debacle!

Which is a shame really, as the rules are a very good stable platform!

Realistically, you have about a month of goodwill left, which I believe you are already squandering!

Well they told the distributors they'll start shipping to them March 12th, so it should hopefully be before then, unless the distributors will get priority over pre orders.

I don't think leaving people with the rulebook and nothing to distract them for 2 months has worked out too well, given that printing the rulebook a couple of months later would have given more time spot things and playtest.

On Europe: Fed fleet sets have been trickling out for a couple of weeks now, and we are expecting a large shipment to arrive next week that should take care of the majority of Fed pre-orders. The metal Klingon and Romulan sets will follow rapidly after that.

Watch this thread for updates as they come in!

Lincolnlog said:
2400's came in 3 days, and was able to get 2.5 times more for the same cost. :eek:

Hmm odd pricing difference. Even without shipping prices they don't cost at least to here from ADB webstore 2.5 times. Of course for us Europeans shipping prices are...Well expensive from USA. Haven't found that many stores yet from European that I could find with those ships at least on their web stores. One german(useless since I can't order from that due to german language being only in use...) 5 ship squadron box of 2400 models was 40e. More than squadron box from Mongoose...

Where you bought 2400's so cheaply then?

Delivery speed is obviously advantage but one that hopefully won't be there long anymore.

As far as the starline 2400 stuff - remember that the FC boxes can be brought off your standard Electronic Bay, and i know Celestial games carry them (based around Cardiff - thought it's not a shop). Singles, i can't help with

msprange said:
On Europe: Fed fleet sets have been trickling out for a couple of weeks now

Has anyone received a Federation fleet set? Does anyone know of anyone who has received one?

I think someone in America has one that they got a couple of weeks ago, and that is the only person on the forums with one.

No one on te Federation Commander forums seems to have one either.

Maybe Matt is like Santa and he has a naughty and nice list, and everyone who has complained about the rules goes on the naughty list. I look forward to receiving my fleet boxes in time for Christmas 2027.

I have heard of a few people getting Federation Fleet Sets on other forums – However (based on the response) I suspect most that have received them won’t be willing to put their heads above the parapet.

What forums were they?

I'd be interested in seeing the contents of a Fed Fleet box if someone is doing a paint up. I'm certainly interested in doing one when I eventually get my box. All I've got so far is an in scale Excelsior.

tneva82 said:
Lincolnlog said:
2400's came in 3 days, and was able to get 2.5 times more for the same cost. :eek:

Hmm odd pricing difference. Even without shipping prices they don't cost at least to here from ADB webstore 2.5 times. Of course for us Europeans shipping prices are...Well expensive from USA. Haven't found that many stores yet from European that I could find with those ships at least on their web stores. One german(useless since I can't order from that due to german language being only in use...) 5 ship squadron box of 2400 models was 40e. More than squadron box from Mongoose...

Where you bought 2400's so cheaply then?

Delivery speed is obviously advantage but one that hopefully won't be there long anymore.

Singles are $7 - $9.00 each. Granted the Fleet and Squadron boxes are not a great deal (but they aren't a terrible deal either, the savings are on the Border Boxes, 24 mini's for 99.00. When you consider singles, you are buying 2 for the price of 1. So, sorry, not 2 1/2, but definitely 2. I had ordered 4 Fleet boxes and about 11 singles of 2500's (Klingons and Fed only) and for about the same price got a respectable Gorn & Kzinti fleets and added substantially to my Feds, Klings & Roms.

Got them, primed them, hust finishing painting them (detail mostly). Alreadying prepping another ADB order to boost Rom's, Gorn and Kzinti.

Nope.
Nobody on either of those forum has a fleet box.

One person indicated that he had picked up a Federation fleet box at his FLGS and when I asked about itm it turned out that he meant he had obtained a squadron box.

Still waiting on mine, and no e-mail to say that it's been shipped. So I guess I'm in the 10%. :(

With all the negative press going on here I'd like to add a bit of positive. I had problems getting the Romulan and Klingon Squadron Boxes I ordered back in.. October? I changed addresses in December, updated my profile info, contacted Customer Support and thought I had everything set to get them at my new address.

Nope.

Both went to my old address adding an additional week and a half to the delivery time for each one - they shipped separately. I contacted Mongoose about it several times and was assisted by Kelly George who was most helpful and as frustrated as I was over the issue.

So I want to thank Mr. George publicly for his assistance - and patience - in trying to resolve the problem during what I'm sure has been a very trying time for the company. Thank you sir.

This goes a long way to keeping me as a customer, despite all the speed bumps.

Back