Land Warrior cancelled!?

apologies if this has been discussed before, I don't remember seeing it.
I just read that the US army cancelled Land Warrior in february.

True? Is it being replaced?

Actually, it's in limbo right now and its continued life depends on the unit that is currently deployed in OIF.

Even if it is cancelled, there's no reason NOT to include it in BF:Evo, since it is supposed to take place sometime in the future. Maybe it won't be called Land Warrior, but I'm sure something similar would be developed.

Hiromoon said:
Well, if it does get folded under, the elements will get rolled into FFW (Future Force Warrior)

Ya WHAT :?: Future Force Warrior.... they can't seriously give it a name like that, it sounds like a really bad kiddies cartoon..... :?

Welcome to the US Military Cordas. If it doesn't have an acronym at least 4-5 digits long, it's required to have a cheesy name.

Well, origionally it was going to be LWS, then FSW, and now FFW.

Land Warrior System
Full Spectrum Warrior
Future Force Warrior

Hiromoon said:

Land Warrior System

Sounds cool, very military

Full Spectrum Warrior

Errr sounds like a computer nerd.......

Future Force Warrior

Come meet Pikachu's mate Future Force Warrior in his pink and yellow power ranger suit......

cordas said:
Hiromoon said:

Land Warrior System

Sounds cool, very military

Full Spectrum Warrior

Errr sounds like a computer nerd.......

Future Force Warrior

Come meet Pikachu's mate Future Force Warrior in his pink and yellow power ranger suit......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't Agree more... and if it goes really well they'll probably franchize the thing and sell it to japanese kids too... or not.

/wolf

The Alphabet Soup can sound stupid
The H.A.W.K. Anti-Arcraft Missile
High
Altitude
all the way
Kill

I thought it was just Homing All the Way Killer?

In recent years in the UK the Met Police rapid reaction units almost received a variant of the Ford Transit van called the Fast Action Response Transit, and the overarching programme for the RN's underwayer warfare systems was the Maritime Underwater Future Capability :)

For stupid acromynes you can't get much worse than what Newcaslt Polytechnic almost went with when it became a University... City University of Newcastle upon Tyne.

Yeah... here's a classic from the Swedish Army.

We call SCUBA-divers "Frog-men", alluding to the finns I guess.
BUt since Frogman or Frogmen apparently is too long for the military to spell out they (ofcourse) created an abreviation: FRGman

Now two things make this stupid/funny:

1. They dropped ONE letter.... wow... that really saves time in the typing!

2. Actually saying it now takes longer than the original, since you have to pronounce each letter itself; "Eff-Ahr-Gee-man"

I love the military...

(The Swedish word for Frog is Groda, So in Swedish this was; Grodman shortened to GRDman... same thing though.)

/wolf

Back