[LA] Any chance of a SRD?

Finarvyn

Mongoose
Just curious, since when both Runequest and Traveller were recently acquired by Mongoose the publication was followed closely by an SRD which was a free download.

Now that Mongoose has Lejendary Adventure, is it possible that we'll see a SRD of this rules system as well?

Just a rumor I'm starting. :D

Too bad. The SRD was always a nice perk because I could customize something for my players with key rules highlighted. (That way they don't have to have access to the entire rules set.)

On the other hand, from a buisness standpoint I've always been surprised when a company is willing to risk their product line sales by giving anything away for free....

... so that's cool, anyway! 8)

Finarvyn said:
Too bad. The SRD was always a nice perk because I could customize something for my players with key rules highlighted. (That way they don't have to have access to the entire rules set.)

On the other hand, from a buisness standpoint I've always been surprised when a company is willing to risk their product line sales by giving anything away for free....

... so that's cool, anyway! 8)

Mongoose can't issue any SRD because they do not own LA, they are just the printer and distributors. Gygax Games still own the game.

Anyway, what are you trying to do? Are you just wanting a reference document for your players? You can do that yourself, but I suppose you want to avoid the typing.

I'm just confused because usually when someone issues an SRD it is for third party developers and individuals to publish their own product for a system without paying for a license. You seem to want something for your players only.

Depending on what you want, I might be able to help you out.

Back