Just read "Hour of the Dragon" for the first time

Vincent791

Mongoose
Wonderful read, the thing I love about this novel is that you're able to see Conan as a king, as a slave, as a barbarian, as a soldier, as a general, and also as a pirate.

Next: A witch shall be born.

I LOVE that story. My favorite part has gotta be when Conan sends the message to Xaltotun and the idiots don't get why. But Xaltotun does, and he sets them straight.

That message is SO cool, I actually stopped and just reread it a bunch of times. Great story.

Vincent791 said:
Nxt: A witch shall be born.

My personal favourite! The final adventure of our campaign is based on this story. The PCs are part of the mercenary army, but will hopefully make a bid for power themselves...

Yeah! The note to Xoltatun is awesome, it says a lot about Conan.

I also love the part when he takes the ship "King of Aquilonia, he might not be, king of the ocean, he was still"

I'll comment about "A witch..." as soon as finish my reading.

Any of you know if REH include Zenobia in other stories? I know a few things about her, but now that I read "Hour of the Dragon" it seems that the things I know are from the Marvel comics.

Vincent791 said:
Any of you know if REH include Zenobia in other stories? I know a few things about her, but now that I read "Hour of the Dragon" it seems that the things I know are from the Marvel comics.

Hour of the Dragon is Zenobia's only REH appearance.

And a very short one, thanks for the help Vincent!

Today I start "A witch shall be born", read the first chapter, pretty cool setup.

Oops, just saw the response about Zenobia. For a moment I was thinking Belit (Freudian slip?:p ). Anyways, yeah the message was great, the story really was kind of different from his short stories (length in words aside, lol).

"A Witch Shall Be Born" is also one of my favorite Conan short stories. Think you'll like it!

Back