Judgement Day Project: #34 Citi-Def Pvt. Raimi

cheetor

Mongoose
judgementdaybanner.jpg

My gaming buddy Mr Saturday and I have been Dredd fans and toy soldier fans for thirty years, but we didnt have enough Dredd related miniatures painted. I already had a force of Judges painted and while I am very fond of them, there is more to Dredds universe than Justice Department.

judgementday.jpg

To rectify this we decided a couple of months ago to commit to painting a single Judge Dredd related miniature every fortnight until further notice. The intention is that this modest commitment will allow us to slowly build up a range of Dredd figures without disrupting our various other miniature projects that come and go. As forces for playing Dredd are small, it means that we can accumulate enough to cover full factions for the game in short time frames.

The posts showing the miniatures are made on Mondays, now known as "Judgement Day" in our houses.

The “rules” for this project are listed in this blog post. In summation, one of us posts a painted Dredd figure on their blog every Monday. From here on in we will update this thread with the output too, if people are interested.

So far my entries have been:

Judgement Day #1: Walter the Wobot

walter5.jpg

Judgement Day #3: Renegade Robot KNU7

knu75.jpg

Judgement Day #5 Rico Dredd

ricodredd1.jpg

ricodredd4.jpg

Judgement Day #7 Renegade Robot B0L7

b0l72.jpg

b0l710.jpg

So far the project has been working out pretty well. The modest commitment required (one miniature per fortnight, per person) has made it easy to squeeze in around other commitments and the varied subjects have been great fun to chat about. Mr Saturday and I will be getting together for our first game with some of the newly painted models soon

Mr Saturday should be along soon to show the models that he has painted so far.

Thanks for looking!

It's been a great project so far. My own entries to date have had a more East Meg vibe.

Judgement Day #2: Judge Kariyev: http://mrsaturdaysmumblings.blogspot.ie/2015/05/judgement-day-post-2-judge.html

Judgement-Day_02.jpg

Judgement Day #4: Judge Lagransky: http://mrsaturdaysmumblings.blogspot.ie/2015/05/judgement-day-post-4-judge.html

Judgement-Day_04.jpg

Judgement Day #6: Judge Alexandrov: http://mrsaturdaysmumblings.blogspot.ie/2015/06/judgement-day-post-6-judge.html

Judgement-Day_06.jpg

Judgement-Day_06b.jpg

Next Monday it's my turn again, and chances are it'll be something to do with East Meg 1. There are some plans for resistance too though, with Judge Williams leading the Bruce Campbell block citi-def against the invaders.

Thanks for the kind feedback Judge Paul and msprange!
Working on Dredd figures is a unique sort of kick for me (and Mr Saturday too I think). Its not like painting anything else in some ways.

Mr Saturday said:
Next Monday it's my turn again, and chances are it'll be something to do with East Meg 1. There are some plans for resistance too though, with Judge Williams leading the Bruce Campbell block citi-def against the invaders.

Its tempting to fly off in all directions with this, the range is so large and varied now. I admire your restraint ;) Im itching to see your Sovs rounded out with characters and robots and the like though.

I admire your restraint ;) Im itching to see your Sovs rounded out with characters and robots and the like though.

There is a LOT I want to paint. I think I'll get a couple of groups up to about 1000 creds, and then go nuts on other stuff. I'm sore tempted by the zombies too.

The sentenoid is a great model, I'm going to have a lot of fun with that I think. It's quite imposing once it's put together. I'm saving Kazan for a special treat too, I really can't wait to paint his head. That little moustache was a masterstroke from Ezquerra.

Love the paint jobs. I also would like to say I really like the BOING advertisement. Did you create that as well?

Jesterr01 said:
Love the paint jobs. I also would like to say I really like the BOING advertisement. Did you create that as well?

Thanks!

The BOING logo came from the website of Pye Parr, the graphic design guy for 2000AD for many years (who left last month actually).

So its an official BOING logo I think.

This week Judge Borzilov steps forth ready to incinerate those who dare oppose the Dictatorat.

Judgement Day #8: Judge Borzilov:http://mrsaturdaysmumblings.blogspot.ie/2015/06/judgement-day-post-8-judge.html

Judgement-Day_08.jpg

I like this sculpt. He carries the oddest looking flamethower I've ever seen. Those gloves of his must be pretty well insulated. It looks very Carlos Ezquerra, organic and no straight lines anywhere, but to my knowledge he never drew one for the Apocalypse War series. I wanted to give the hint that it gets a lot of use, so I gave it some heat damage with sepia, purple and finally blue washes the closer to the end of the barrel I got. I highlighted the very edge with silver to show where it has burned clean. I also adjusted his legs to suit the base and give him a tad more movement. Borzilov brings me up to four Sov judges, almost ready for play...

Judgement-Day_08b.jpg

Borzilov looks the business, the palette on the lot of them is really coming together now that they are forming a proper group.

I feel like I have seen that design of flamethrower in the Apocalypse War storyline, but I could be imagining it. Im going to have to check it out for my own sake. It does have a very authentically Ezquerra look to it.

#9: Benny the Bat-glider

batter1.jpg

A perp with a batgliding suit and a big moustache today.

Bat-gliding is a common pastime in Mega-City One.  Like many of the earlier sculpts from the Judge Dredd range, this design comes straight from one of the Daily Star strips.

batter2.png

Mega City One is defined less by the Judges than by the behaviour of the citizens and as such models like this sum up the setting rather nicely I think.

batter3.jpg

The blog post for Benny is here.  Thanks for looking :)

Jesterr01 said:
Benny is beautiful and once again I am jealous of Mr. Saturday and your proficiency at painting :)

Thanks Jesterr01. Im glad that you like that Mr Saturday and I go for :)

#11 Judge Shaw

stubgun1judgementday11.jpg

With gaming against Mr Saturdays invading East Meg One forces being a thing now, I decided to paint a Judge equipped with one of the iconic weapons used in "The Apocalypse War" storyline, the stub gun.

stubgun4dreddmegacollection3cover.jpg

I rushed the painting a little bit due to other commitments. It bugs me a little, but its adequate.

stubgun2judgementday11.jpg

Details in the blog post.

Back