Judge Dredd - A couple of questions.

Arabin

Mongoose
I have a couple of questions that I'm sure are answered in amongst the many sourcebooks I have, but I can't think where it can be right now.

1) There is a sentance in the corebook for perps having an unlicensed weapon, but I can't find any mention of when perps need to get licenses. From reading the comics, it would seem that everyone should be allowed to own a standard weapon (pistol, rifle, shotgun), but anything more advanced would require a permit (rocket launcher, sawn-off stump gun, etc.) Is this the case, or are all weapons illegal? My players love to book perps with everything they can and it's not unusual to end up with 5 charges for each perp.

2) Throwing a grenade has a area effect blast in all directions, but a sawn-off stump gun should have a cone area effect instead of a blast. I don't see this mentioned one way or another.

3) Does anyone know anything about sentancing a Judge or Ex-Judge? I had an ex-cadet that needed to be sentanced to work in a Cursed Earth camp, but I can't find any information on these camps. It would be nice to do something a little different than just handcuffing such a criminal and leaving them for the Catch Wagon. It would also be nice to have some details on these camps... perhaps that could be included in a guide to the Cursed Earth?

I'm sure there are other questions I had, but for now this is all I can remember. Anyone have answers or can you direct me to the right book and page for solutions?

Arabin

Arabin said:
1) There is a sentance in the corebook for perps having an unlicensed weapon, but I can't find any mention of when perps need to get licenses. From reading the comics, it would seem that everyone should be allowed to own a standard weapon (pistol, rifle, shotgun), but anything more advanced would require a permit (rocket launcher, sawn-off stump gun, etc.) Is this the case, or are all weapons illegal? My players love to book perps with everything they can and it's not unusual to end up with 5 charges for each perp.

See the descriptions of the Black Market (47 - 48 ) and Firearms Permit (p64) of the core rulebook.

Arabin said:
2) Throwing a grenade has a area effect blast in all directions, but a sawn-off stump gun should have a cone area effect instead of a blast. I don't see this mentioned one way or another.

It's a simplification to speed up combat, and prevents stump guns from having a gigantic blast area!

Thanks Grim. My players seem to love collecting charges and with the firearms permit rules, this will be a charge added to almost every perp. Tack on the resisting arrest, and the attempted or actual bodilly harm to a Judge and you have a nasty sentance before you even get to the reason they are being investigated. I guess it doesn't really matter, but from the comics, I remember Judge Dredd being a little more focused and only charging for one or two crimes at a time.

With the area effect of the stump gun, that does make sense. Combat takes long enough as it is... especially when I'm controlling a whole bunch of perps.

Any info on the Cursed Earth camps?

Arabin

Back