Is there a RQ designers list yet?

Are there any mailing lists or forums yet specifically designed for RQ OGL game designers to trade notes, argue over ideas, etc?

If not, what would take to set one up and who would be interested in joining? And what would be better -- a mailing list service or a forum?

I'd like to see a forum on here, preferably (I spend so much time on here it's a pain to drag myself anywhere else ;) ), but if that doesn't happen I'll happily go sign up anywhere.

That would be intresting and useful, but I have not seen any. Lets hope there will be a specific forum :)

mthomason said:
I'd like to see a forum on here, preferably (I spend so much time on here it's a pain to drag myself anywhere else ;) ), but if that doesn't happen I'll happily go sign up anywhere.

Why don't you start a Yahoo Group Matt, I for one would join.

I'd rather someone else did it... I've got my fingers in enough pies right now :)

I've been told that Mongoose have no objections if anyone wants to make one, however.

I've been told that Mongoose have no objections if anyone wants to make one, however.

In fact, while I can't speak for Aaron (deadblueclown), I can say that I would likely want to be on such an e-mail list if only to have my finger on the pulse of the community.

8)

-Bry

I've seen many lists of this nature die out for lack of use, but I'd certainly be willing to sign up and toss my $.02 into the ring.

The ogf-l list is still running after all this time.

The only real (and still ongoing) discussion, however, appears to be deciding what kind of logo third party publishers should use instead of putting "d20" on their products. Someone really ought to have the heart to tell some of these poor souls that if they haven't established their own branding by now it's a little too late to be starting with the d20-SRD now, a few years after the d20 boom has been and gone. Actually it looks like someone did, but the persistence of some people who truly believe they can still make anything from "yet another d20 book by a publisher nobody has ever heard of" is amazing.

mthomason said:
Someone really ought to have the heart to tell some of these poor souls that if they haven't established their own branding by now it's a little too late to be starting with the d20-SRD now, a few years after the d20 boom has been and gone.

Yeah. But Green Ronin has a good thing going with True20, and Troll Lord Games with C&C. If I was going to write for d20, it would certainly be for one of those two iterations, and not d20 proper.

Although the d20 SRDs are good seeds for content for other OGL systems. Like MRQ, heh. :)

Back