Is The K'kree Navy A Threat - I Think Not! / Virus

Easily bribed with apples.

Bribed, or provoked? All K'Kree have military training and an instinctive drive to protect the herd. Start trying to bribe a K'Kree to betray the herd for an apple and he will take the apples after stomping you into the ground.

But you may have time to reallize your tactical error and withdraw.

K'Kree are notoriously slow to overreact. :wink:

Meanderer said:
Easily bribed with apples.

Bribed or provoked. All K'Kree have military training and an instinctive drive to protect the herd. Start trying to bribe a K'Kree to betray the herd for an apple and he will take the apples after stomping you into the ground.

But you may have time to reallize your tactical error and withdraw.

K'Kree are notoriously slow to overreact. :wink:

I believe that the Sneaking up on a blade of grass axiom applies here. :D

I really dislike the K'Kree. They are just so infuriatingly dense. Dealing with a Newt who has majored in Vilani culture seems like more fun, or going to the dentist and asking to repeat that root canal because it was so much fun.

They make for an implacable villain, predictably showing up with way too much firepower for the job. But that can get old really fast.

Much prefer encounters with the Droyne.

Stranded a tropical isle with a family of Droyne. The leader is giving strange orders, the drone is casting coynes and discussing the proper nurturing position of things with the technician who is overseeing the construction of a strange looking house. The sport approaches, eager to negotiate a reliable access to coconuts. Having worked out a price in gold you busily gather the coconuts and deliver them to the construction site where the workers, now released from the construction, carefully take the coconuts from you and neatly stack them in a strange pattern on the ground while the sport counts out the agreed upon gold coyns and hands over payment. Then the Droyne all retire to their strange hut - which begins to float away (floor laced with primitive TL 7 prototype anti-gravity cells powered by sophisticated solar collectors that have stored enough power to float them to the mainland. They left all the coconuts.

From our pserspective, the K'Kree are insane, but they aren't as nuts as the Droyne.

I would have thought they'd respond better to an apple, than have our ambassadors dressed in jodhpurs and holding a carrot and a riding crop.

I would have thought they'd respond better to an apple, than have our ambassadors dressed in jodhpurs and holding a carrot and a riding crop.

Why not, after sending out an ambasador to the Vargr with a stick and ball turned out so well.

Back