Into the Fire II Tournament - Registration Details

There's only two of us going from Matt's 'Five Good men'. If the format changes from the previous 5 raid pointss, then we'll all be hastily reselecting our fleets.

msprange said:
Hi guys,

You'll have the tournament pack by this time tomorrow!

Great news!

Quick question for you tournament veterans. When you pick your ships do you have to use the same ships for each battle? Are you allowed to know which race you are fighting before selecting, or do you have to pick a generic fleet that can handle all circumstances??

Ta

Kremmen

Kremmen,
You have to use the same fleet for all your battles. You don't know who you are going to be fighting beforehand. So you want a selection that cn handle all comers.

Yeah, the fleet selection is set once you enter the tourney. Though letting you change your fleet, accoording to what enemy fleet is a cool idea. At least it shows your ability to adapt to various fleets, and tactics :)

He he, I'm sure you'll all love to hear I've entered (cue groans...). Should be fun to meet up with you all again and this time I may even be able to stay until the end of the tournament!!!

Triggy said:
He he, I'm sure you'll all love to hear I've entered (cue groans...). Should be fun to meet up with you all again and this time I may even be able to stay until the end of the tournament!!!

With your 1 Hunter, 1 Scout combination ;)

msprange said:
Hi guys,

(Setting his watch alarm) :lol:

Kremmen, you also have to bring 2 copies of your fleet list with you, one of which is handed to the organisers before play begins at the start of the day.

LBH

starting to get a bit excited about this now. ( I know, I know.....I dont get out much) :oops:

Hopfully gonna try something diffrent

See you all soon

Barry

Man, I wish I could make it to the UK so I could kick some British a...

uh, I mean play against some of you guys over there. :twisted: :lol:

lastbesthope said:
msprange said:
Hi guys,

(Setting his watch alarm) :lol:

Kremmen, you also have to bring 2 copies of your fleet list with you, one of which is handed to the organisers before play begins at the start of the day.

LBH

Thanks LBH, didn't realise that, do I just write down what ships I am using or does it have to be any fancy format??

Anyone know what time the tournament begins?

Kremmen

Times etc will all be in the tourney pack. Including start, each game, and pub time (er I mean finish).

I use the fleet roster (found on the main ACTA page).

Reaverman said:
Triggy said:

With your 1 Hunter, 1 Scout combination ;)
He he, I'll be trying something different again, I like to mix it up and have a few other fleets in the locker...I've tried Shadows, Centauri and Dilgar in tourneys now and guarantee it'll be something different this time!

I got mine too. I was suprised to see quite how much of Armageddon is in there. I guess the think with the printers could really have stuffed-up Mongoose's plans for the tournament if they hadn't chosen to let us have so much of the book.

Of course the really good stuff (most of the new ships) are not there.

I see the proof-reader vacancy at Mongoose still hasn't been filled... Hope it didn't go to the printers like this ;)

Back