Vehicle Handbook - Now Shipping!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The long-awaited Supplement 5-6: Vehicle Handbook is now shipping - and this is a big one for Traveller players! Penned by Colin Dunn (2300AD), the Vehicle Handbook has an all new construction system designed to be quick, easy and extremely flexible, with referees being able to design anything from a rickshaw to super heavy grav battle tanks in just a few minutes, while players will drool over all the customisation options. All future Traveller books will use this system and, to help you along, the book contains every vehicle that has appeared in the current edition of Traveller (including those from Judge Dredd, Hammers Slammers and other settings), updated to the new system - along with lots of brand new designs!

You can find more information here;

UK: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/traveller/core-supplements/supplement-5-6-the-vehicle-handbook.html
US: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/rpgs/traveller/core-supplements/supplement-5-6-the-vehicle-handbook.html

NOTICE 1 FOR FORUM-GOERS
We did, of course, promise that anyone who bought either of the original (Civilian or Military) vehicle books would get a deal on the Vehicle Handbook. After a great deal of consideration,we have settled on the following;

If you have either (or both) of the original vehicle books and you order the new Vehicle Handbook from us, we will send you any Traveller book of up to a £16.99/$24.99 retail price - you can even pre-order a book this way.

Simply send the front cover of either book (send in both, and you can claim two £16.99/$24.99 books, or any single book with a higher price point) to either address below, together with your name, address, order number you received when purchasing the new Vehicle Handbook, and the book(s) you wish to claim. As soon as we receive that, we will dispatch your chosen book(s) immediatly, or as soon as it becomes available if you chose a pre-order title!

Mongoose Publishing
52-54 Cricklade Road
Swindon
Wilts
SN2 8AF
United Kingdom

Mongoose Games
4773 Gateway Circle
Kettering
OH 45440
USA

NOTICE 2 FOR FORUM-GOERS
The new Vehicle Handbook has HUGE possibilities - you will understand what we mean by that once you see it and start to digest all the different possibilities.

So, we want to see what you lot come up with! Whether it is new vehicles or brand new modification options, please send them in to us at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com. We'll take the best and either post them up on Planet Mongoose for everyone to share or maybe even print the very best in one of the forthcoming Traveller Compendiums.

You really can do a lot with this book, so let's see what you get up to!

msprange said:
NOTICE 1 FOR FORUM-GOERS
We did, of course, promise that anyone who bought either of the original (Civilian or Military) vehicle books would get a deal on the Vehicle Handbook. After a great deal of consideration,we have settled on the following;

If you have either (or both) of the original vehicle books and you order the new Vehicle Handbook from us, we will send you any Traveller book of up to a £16.99/$24.99 retail price - you can even pre-order a book this way.

If you have the PDF version you are out of luck?

Bummer. This sort of book is precisely kind of book I don't need as physical product. After all this is less likely to come during game(are you going to need to do lots of vechile building mid-session?-). Ergo PDF version is great as it doesn't take space.

Ah well. I'll see how expensive the pdf version is when it comes available before deciding whether to upgrade. Old one works fairly enough for me.

That is a good point.

You know, I think we can do a deal for PDF buyers via Drivethru. I'll set something up!

Just purchased the new combine vehicles book and sent cover of my old military vehicles today! I selected "Sword Worlds" per Notice 1.
Cant wait until I get the new goodies! :D

Yay! I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I've only seen the design system so far...

AndrewW said:
lastbesthope said:
I'll just wait for my complimentary playtester/proofreader copy to show up I think ;)

LBH

Same here.

Heh - given the past history of proofreading these documents, that might be a dangerous thing to say! :lol: Before anybody lights any torches or grabs the pitchforks, are there any others you wish to admit to? :lol:

Rick said:
AndrewW said:
lastbesthope said:
I'll just wait for my complimentary playtester/proofreader copy to show up I think ;)

LBH

Same here.

Heh - given the past history of proofreading these documents, that might be a dangerous thing to say! :lol: Before anybody lights any torches or grabs the pitchforks, are there any others you wish to admit to? :lol:

There have been a few...

That said, playtesting isn't really about proofreading though if I find something (which even happened on the one thing I got that had the proofreader's comments inbeded) I will make mention it.

Well looks like it will be a while before I can have it. The billing system and my credit card protection do not like each other, and I will not use paypal as I have had issues on the security side and principle with them. :( :cry:

This is a major bummer as I order regularly from other sites with little or no problem.

Will have to wait till I can get to another city that has a brick and mortar shop, or wait till it gets on pdf and get it from drive thru rpg and print it out. :?

Well time to get to work, laters.

msprange said:
That is a good point.

You know, I think we can do a deal for PDF buyers via Drivethru. I'll set something up!
Did this go out already? I just changed my contact options to allow emails from Mongoose through.

I should check the mail today. Might be something waiting for me.

Just so long as it is not ticking...

Back