Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would get those few bits I missed and any updated books

• I want to have all the races and make my own full on campaign

• Total voters

skavendan

Mongoose
Theres alot of umming about the prospect of Call to arms continuing in 2009 so I thought I would do a poll see who would still play and collect.

After all if your going to open up production again you might as well tweak the system to make it alittle smoother and introduce more ships ;)

It would depend if there was radical changes to 3rd edition - I enjoy 2nd Ed and find it a considerable improvement over 1st ed and its updates.

If however if was like 3rd Ed confrontation to 3.5 - I would either not bother or play on using 2nd ed or variant of the same.

The production of new ships could be a problem as I got the impression that with the already large selection this was a bit of pain.

I would also be happy to see ships in either Plastic or Resin instead of / as well as Metal - lot easier to convert :) and I don't cae about the weight.

Plastic would make construction and balancing alot easier. And as Games workshop has shown you can still get awesome quality from plastic casts.

I'd like to see more ships for empires that have a limited selection.

Plastics.

Terrain in the form of meteors, more station varients perhapes a station per race after all there unlikely to be a similar construction.

Vorlon planet killer would be an excellent model to sell even if it had no stats.

If you use your imagination the amount of models still to be made are nearly endless.

A Q&A section. More realistically I guess in 2009 it would be 2F including all the updates and changes to the game.

The only fleets to come would be the other League Worlds.

It is a good game and one which I have gone wholeheartly for (a rarity for me on a minis game). I find 2nd Ed to be a good rules set (may need a few tweeks and clarifications). I do not think that I will give it up for a long time yet.

Clanger said:
The only fleets to come would be the other League Worlds.

It is a good game and one which I have gone wholeheartly for (a rarity for me on a minis game). I find 2nd Ed to be a good rules set (may need a few tweeks and clarifications). I do not think that I will give it up for a long time yet.

What about the races from the films?

Hand of god and 3rd space.

the hand of God? I'm sorry, i think you are making them up, such dumb bad guys could never possibly exist and they certainly never appeared in a B5 film that quite clearly was nothing more than a bad dream.

the thirdspace aliens are stuck in their own dimension, not really any basis to make a fleet from.

hiffano said:
the hand of God? I'm sorry, i think you are making them up, such dumb bad guys could never possibly exist and they certainly never appeared in a B5 film that quite clearly was nothing more than a bad dream.

the thirdspace aliens are stuck in their own dimension, not really any basis to make a fleet from.

You'd have to be really lame to have a rubbish imagination and refer to a race as "the hand of god" non the less it does happen in the pilot to Cruisade I believe it was.

I will check when I get home if you want to know exactly what they apeared in :p

Greg Smith said:
Would you really want to play a fleet whose ships can be blown up by grenades?

I was tempted to order aload of ships before production ended purly on the fact that I thought the ships looked nice!

So depends how they look in my opinion ;)

I would and will certainly keep playing. I would love for a new counter set to come out and am afraid I'm an exclusively counters guy. I'll buy any new supplements they put out, though I'm more interested in new ships and races than campaigns. I don't know what races/ships they could do as there are already so many and any more may clutter the fleet lists too much. Some fleets need a bit more depth but others I think are bursting at the seems (how many more earth ships can there be).

Yup some have loads other have very few ship choices. They could add all the empires shown on the universe map...

That's alot of unknown's not sure how much info they actually have on those empires.

That could perhaps be a good idea for future supplements, rather than a new race or a particular campaign, they could flesh out some of the more sparse fleets. Sure EA and narn etc are the most popular, but they're pretty full lists now, maybe it would be more worthwhile to bolster say the Raiders, Vorlons, psi corps etc. Adding the extra ships to ISA was I think a good move, and I enjoy the greater variety immensely. The only potential problem is that they go too far from canon, "Why did I never see the Vorlons use that ship in the show" but most of the ships are never seen or mentioned in the show and they work great.

I would really like to see a technomage fleet though.

There are a few mechanics issues that have been discussed and are, therefore, have room for improvement; Bore-sight rules, shadow fighters and their shields, energy mines, ease of critical effects just nerfing larger capital ships, etc... Likewise, there are a number of ships and races that require some better game balance; Gaim need that redo, Drazi need a slight boost, Centauri has a single ship that just seems too good for it's class. Finally, I believe that a few races have full on holes that could use a new ship or two (I'm looking at you Vorlon Raid and Shadow Skirmish ships).

Overall, I'm happy with the 2nd edition. I'd buy the 3rd edition rules and any updates to the existing fleet lists. I'd also purchase a higher quality chits for these newer ships from 2nd edition and potentially 3rd edition. That said, I've too many ships and far too many fleets to ever grow tired of my existing collection; my recent binge purchases have seen to that.

I've been getting the gaming bug again (Dark Heresy woke that terrible beast within), and I'd be pretty interested in ACtA if we could get some decent plastic minis.

And while the thought of prepainted seems nice, I think that my tastes have shifted a bit so that I'd be happy with the plastic merely being dyed in a shade appropriate to the race (light blue for Minbari, purple for Centauri, green for Narns, etc.). That way a decent looking (minis look better than counters) could be fielded quickly and it would allow for folks who wanted to paint a clear canvas to work from.

The thought is tempting, so very tempting.

Can of the Cave Beer said:
I've been getting the gaming bug again (Dark Heresy woke that terrible beast within), and I'd be pretty interested in ACtA if we could get some decent plastic minis.

And while the thought of prepainted seems nice, I think that my tastes have shifted a bit so that I'd be happy with the plastic merely being dyed in a shade appropriate to the race (light blue for Minbari, purple for Centauri, green for Narns, etc.). That way a decent looking (minis look better than counters) could be fielded quickly and it would allow for folks who wanted to paint a clear canvas to work from.

The thought is tempting, so very tempting.

Plastic's would be cool!

Back